Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kielanai's work
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM,
Kielanai's work
Thought I'd make a thread for you to post links to pictures, mods etc for your work. Hope you don't mind.
09-15-2006, 03:50 AM,
RE: Keilanai's work
My own space. My home. My cubby. Watashinouchi. Su~goi. Thank you, Ysne. Smile

I am currently working on trying to script several futon I've made so they can be rolled away. I've retextured four game bedrolls so far -- one black silk with red cherry blossoms, one black silk with orange cherry blossoms, one green silk with gold embroidered dragon, and one blue and yellow cotton that is based on my own, handmade from a local family-owned futon shop. Tongue I have lots of Japanese and Chinese fabric or scenery images, so I can make as many futon, zabuton, tapestry, curtain, or clothing textures as you need. Some of these even look great on furniture like a laquer (sp?) or dishes and kitchen cloths -- I'm experimenting with wicker and bamboo for furniture as well. I hope to add decorative handles to the list eventually.

But right now I want to put a "roll away" feature on each player useable futon because that's how they're supposed to be handled. The only way to do that is to attach a script to allow it to be moved. Hopefully, that will be my next update news because someone also requested my taiko be buyable, and what works to put the futon down correctly will probably also work for the taiko. *crossing my fingers that I can learn how to do this*
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-15-2006, 04:25 AM,

I hope to see your futon textures soon, "black silk with red cherry blossoms" i like the sound of that Big Grin

I really wish that Necron would make some time to get those clothes in game, i can't think of a better person to texture them then you Kielanai.

I think it's spelled lacquer, altough i have seen it spelled as laquer too...i do hope that you mean urushi, that would be cool Smile
And i would really like to have wicker and bamboo furniture.
Akavir mod leader.
09-15-2006, 05:38 AM,

Those futons sound really great.
09-15-2006, 12:38 PM,

The person who helped me learn how to make a shield static to hang on the wall has offered to help me with the futon script now. Hopefully we can figure something out.

Meanwhile, I will post a link here to my photobucket account because that is where I will be putting my texture experiments. As I upgrade something, I usually delete the old picture for the new, but this general folder link should always be here.

Kielanai's Oblivion Screenshots: http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/K...reenshots/

The first two screens are new and feature an upgrade including the black and orange sakura futon. (Which is exactly like the black and red only it's ... red. Yeah.) I did something kinda stupid tonight with it, but it was fun, and it helped me learned something new. Big Grin I now sorta know how to center one image over another, which means I can try to design kimono with solid color, but single designs. The problem is that it takes a lot of trial and error to figure out the positioning -- hard to tell where the texture is going to wrap to another location or bend in a strange manner. Hopefully I can learn a trick in Blender that will speed that up, but for now at least I know it's possible using only GIMP.

Also, in one picture you can see the kimono dansu up close with the new texture. It's as close as I can get to urushi for now. I looked up some urushi designs, but they are all copyrighted by their creators. The process takes so long to make them, I didn't want to steal any. -_-* But, designs on black surface like that (or glossy wood patterns) can give a similar effect.
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
09-15-2006, 04:06 PM,

Those look great. Thanks for the update. You have really fantastic ideas.
09-15-2006, 06:16 PM,

Those are excellent, I almost feel as if I'm there.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
09-15-2006, 10:10 PM,

Yeah, those designs look great :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
09-17-2006, 01:59 AM,
Thanks. :) New Updates ...
I have started working on the temple portion of my own mod, but I have a few more things I can share. (Same link as before: http://s101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/K...reenshots/)

I created two new sets of dishes (bowl, plate, sake pitcher): one is a rose pattern from my tea set (the other is a blue and white pattern on the altar; too far away to be seen). Bowls can be resized if static for rice, soup, or teacup.

I experimented with wicker textures and settled on two new tiles that will be available in light, medium, and dark shades. I have a picture of the light shade. The light shades lost some of its contrast in trying to get that color out of it, but it's not as yellow this way. I might try to fix contrast again later. The other shades weren't a problem.

I increased the resolution on the sakura screen, so silk screens with clear detail are now easily made from a template. I experimented with tapestry details as well. If the picture is larger than an inch, I can transfer it to a screen or a tapestry with nice results. (Therefore, able to transfer detailed prints to some other things, too.)

And I have one very important question: is everyone labelling their mod individually, or under one name? I admit I have been very inconsistent with my labels (sometimes Akavir, sometimes Akaviri, sometimes English, sometimes Japanese, ...). Tongue -I- know that "AkaviriKakebutonAokuteShiroi" and "AkavirFutonPlain" go together, ... but I don't think anyone else working with my textures would figure out my madness. Wink I need to streamline my method, so I need to know if I should stay away from "Akavir"/ "Akaviri" lablel so there are no overwrites?
Design Assistant

09-17-2006, 02:14 AM,

I doubt anyone else is going to be creating anything similar to what you are crafting. I think your names are fine.