Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESVGecko
03-22-2012, 07:33 PM,
TESVGecko
AndalayBay is working on a new version for Skyrim. Smileb
I forwarded Steve Carrow's last version (workspace), TESIVGecko 15.2.

With the help of Steve we upgraded/developed a great tool for TESIV.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-20-2012, 08:45 PM,

Here's the WIP thread for TESVGecko on Dark Creations. I'll post a WIP on Beth once we release a preview version.
[align=center]My Mods
06-06-2012, 01:38 PM,

Great and thanks for the update! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM,

New version!Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM,

FYI

To maintain an esm I recommend to use Version Control, please check my sig.

For cleaning esp's etc. use a later version of the Gecko, the current options are quite basic (WiP), instead use the detail window from the CK (for now).

Regarding TESVEdit, it's not clear if it will be available in the near future, Elminster is very busy in RL.

[hrc=green][/hrc]
EDIT August 6th 2012

New version (0.0.4). Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-27-2012, 06:51 AM,

The latest version (0.1.0). Smile

Beta Version 0.1.0
· Added record highlighting. Dirty edits are red. Modified records (not dirty) are purple. If there is a dirty record somewhere in the node, the upper branches of that node will be orange. If there is a modified record somewhere in the node, the upper branches will be blue. Once you edit a record in Gecko, the text will be in italics. In other words: orange = dirty edit somewhere in the child records, blue = clean all the way, with real changes in the child records. These might be unintentional edits, but Gecko has no way of determining that.
· Plugin cleaning. Dirty edits are cleaned automatically.
· Added editing functions: add record, add field, remove record, remove field. Add record and add field are pretty rough and not really usable at this point (you need to know the record types to use them), but remove record and remove field can be used. These would be suitable for manual mod cleaning for example.
· The background of the tab or title bar in the tree view is white for the currently selected plugin. This is the plugin that any action will apply to.
· Convert to master. Convert a plugin to a master file. ONAM records will be created if necessary.
· Convert to plugin. Convert a master to a regular plugin. ONAM records will be removed if necessary.
· Make a fake master. This will only flip the master bit on a plugin. No ONAM records will be created. Useful for creating patches.
· Top level groups have been given proper names. Groups are sorted in alphabetical order by default. Option exists to change sort order to match position in plugin file.
· Edit author and description. It is possible to add a description if one doesn't exist, although the interface is a little rough.
· Formatted Most Recently Used Documents List so that the mod names are readable.
· Added search by Form ID.
· Added progress bar. Mod name in tab is greyed out while it's loading.
· Squashed a memory leak.
· Streamlined synchronization logic into a single function. Various fixes to asynchronous code.
· Added prompt to save changes.
· Changed file open to read mode to allow sharing with other editing tools.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-02-2012, 05:25 AM,

And Beta 2 has just been released! Cleaning and editing of masters has been added. Note that you'll need to extract the strings files from the Dawnguard BSA if you want to load Dawnguard. We've got some code on the way to do that in the program, but it's not ready yet.

Download here

Beta Version 0.2.0
Change Log 0.2.0
  • Made string searches case insensitive. This is the bug that prevented Dawnguard from loading.
  • Changed mode for opening string files so that mods can be opened even if the CK is running.
  • Unhandled exception capture. Use CaptureErrorLog.cmd in the TESVGecko folder to create an error log on your desktop.
  • Edit/cleaning of masters.
  • Dramatically improved cleaning times.
[align=center]My Mods
10-07-2012, 10:21 AM,

Great and congratulations with the beta release! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-07-2012, 07:09 PM,

Thanks!

I'd hold off on cleaning masters for now though. We are having a problem getting the ONAMs updated properly after cleaning. Cleaning plugins (esp) seems fine.
[align=center]My Mods
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM,

Thanks for the info! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD