Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Locking off bedrooms in shops?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I always found it rather ridiculous that players could waltz into any shop, go into the shop owners bedroom, clean them out, and waltz out. Do you think we should maybe, oh I dunno... put locked doors in shops to prevent this from being possible?

Although, maybe the AI of the NPCs in oblivion will be so that they will yell at you or attack you if you try to go into their bedrooms... but if that's not possible then what do we think about adding locked doors to their bedrooms in the shops in Vvardenfell?
dude mon, in Oblivion, the AI is good... if you enter and they don't like you, they will tell you to get out....
and they will attack you or call guards if you don't.... since you are a trespasser....

but don't expect an ogre to ask you to leave him cave
I would imagine Ogres don't ask a lot of questions in general. Tongue

So, we'll just have it so people like Ra'Virr will just yell at the player and throw a dart at them if they try to go upstairs to his bedroom?
Quote:Originally posted by cryonaut
I would imagine Ogres don't ask a lot of questions in general. Tongue

So, we'll just have it so people like Ra'Virr will just yell at the player and throw a dart at them if they try to go upstairs to his bedroom?
well, we COULD have a door to his bedroom of course.....
I just know that if I ran a shop out of my home that the general public could enter at free will... I'd keep the door to my bedroom closed and locked.
Quote:Originally posted by cryonaut
I just know that if I ran a shop out of my home that the general public could enter at free will... I'd keep the door to my bedroom closed and locked.
I thought that the Radiant-AI does that....
:Confusedigh::
radiant AI... it's so beautiful it almost brings a tear to my eye...
well, ya know we could also lay the house out better, to have the entrances to the BDs in the rear, or away from the entrance
And if we left it unlocked it would be fine, if you can avoid the radient AI, then you deserve whatever is in there!
well, i would say that they'd still be locked, but maybe at a bit lower of a level then we were previously thinking Confusedhrug:
Pages: 1 2 3