Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Links and Affiliations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I felt it was time to revise our links section.
http://www.silgrad.com/silgrad/links.htm

The old page is available for reference (and backup).
http://www.silgrad.com/silgrad/links_old.htm

I've corrected a couple of urls that have changed, like mwsource becoming tessource for example.

I've separated sites that link back to us as "Friends of Silgrad Tower" from those that do not. There are three new sites that I found while searching the net; Eljiit and morrowind.vsesweet.com links to us while morrowind.cdprojekt.com is hosting our mod (Beta3). I set up the latter last summer after euro-rpg had deleted our mod without notice. If you know of other sites that link to us, let me know.

Team member sites are in the middle as usual.

In "Other sites of interest" I have collected TES sites that are important, but doesn't link back to us. They don't have pictures like our "Friends" do since I figured pictures would be a small bonus to those that do.

For those of us who use the server, I moved the sites' picture thumbs from the main "images" folder to a subfolder (link_snaps). In the subfolder is a second subfolder called "old" where I put the now unused thumbnails. They may be needed later on, who knows. That's why there are broken pictures on the backup'ed old link page.

Thoughts? Comments? Additions?
:applause: Excellent, absolutely brilliant. I think over time we will expand that site and I will search for other sites that could/should be added.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
:applause: Excellent, absolutely brilliant. I think over time we will expand that site and I will search for other sites that could/should be added.

Thanks! :party:

I think it would be great if we could get more sites to link to us, especially perhaps those who focus intently on Oblivion, but any sites you can get to agree are valuable I think.
I had an idea for this post which I'd like to use to list modders and modding groups we'd see fit for loose cooperation or whom we could ask to join. Since there is still lot of time ahead there is no need to rush things, but from time to time we might stumble across people, who would be a great addition for the team. We can still decide, if we will contact them or not, but I would hate not to have a reminder.

Feel free to edit the list and add your candidates.

- TheLys (I think TheLys himself stopped modding, but the rest of the McAsmods team is still active, isn't it? )

- Library of Tes F'Ruum (web | forum)

Greetings

Quentin
Good call!

I'm not very familiar with TheLys, so personally I couldn't say. I don't think I've spoken to him. But I hope there are others in the McAsmod team that remember us and like our project.

Going through the other sites that links to us, I think cdprojekt.com is the only other site I'd value, in the sense that we may get them to host the future archive. Someone just coming along and offering to put up a close to 100mb file for no cost or anything, and keeping it alive for almost a year as they have, now that's generous I think. Eljiit, for all their kind words, isn't something I would personally like to see in the future plugin. Not for lore reasons, they just look very bad as it is now.

I think having our books in Tes F'Ruum would mean a constant source of exposure for the duration of Oblivion - something that would take care of itself, so to speak, after the initial adding part.

This is a letter I got from Troika, their leader, on April 20th, where he gives a thorough explanation of their policy. There's nothing sensitive or personal in it, so that's why I'm not hesitant to post it publicly. I had voiced my concerns they might be overly aggressive in editing, but as you can see they are quite reasonable I think.

Quote:Hi there.

Stargazey told me that you were willing to have some of your works in the Library of Tes F'Ruum mod, but were a little concerned at what the editing process would involve.

The main part of the editing process is simply correcting any spelling mistakes. The editors use a spellchecker as well as reading through the pieces 'by hand', to make sure that any mistakes not picked up by a spell-checker (such as 'he' instead of 'the' or 'she' - a mistake found in one of my pieces). They also convert any English sellings of words to American-English. This is because Bethesda will be writing all the books officially in the game in American-English, and is simply to add consistency not only with the main game itself, but within the pieces in the Library. Words created either by Bethesda or by the author (such as Redoran, or N'Wah) are left as found, and it is the author's responsibilty to ensure that these words are spelt correctly and consistently throughout. This is the only part of the editing process I consider vital to be carried out on all pieces, for the reasons detailed.

A grammar check is normally made on all pieces, but if you wish, the editor(s) who take on your pieces can be instructed to make any changes highlighted, with the original still in place, and you can have final say on whether you want none, any or all of the changes to be made. Grammatical errors usually changed by the editors are simple word displacement or the replacement of one word with another which fits the context better. Some editors do rearrange either a sentence or a paragraph to improve flow, but at no point are they allowed to alter any details of the story.

The final part of the process is the Lore check. This is to make sure there is nothing in the piece that either contradicts known Lore, or, if there is a plot element that is not mentioned in the Lore but has implications to the Lore (such as a large war), we need to find out if it could have theoretically taken place. From the quick look I took at one of the pieces you posted in the forum, I don't think there would be any problem with this, as you seem to have ket the Lore in mind. Also, we're going to be making one of the editors Lead Editor for Lore in just a couple of weeks (applications are being accepted now), and if an editor does find anything, the the Lead Editor for Lore will liase directly with you to find a solution.

I know how seriously many people take their written works, and I just wanted to assure you that you'll be kept in the loop at all stages of the editing process, and have ultimate say over just about every point.

Also, we can hold off on the editing process until we've appointed the Lead Editor for Lore, but again, that's up to you.

I hope you'll consent to us editing your pieces, as I'm sure you'll agree it isn't a harsh process.

Troika
Project Leader

I'd like to take this opportunity to also ask if it is okay for me to start adding other people's books to Tes F'Ruum? And do you see any books missing from our own library?

I've added and listed them in order of ID. I'm asking because certain modders have included vast amounts of copies of books, and they're not always noted as being duplicates. I don't want us to have to worry about copyright concerns by adding books written outsiders, or adding fifty books that later turn out to be Bethesda's : o) If you spot me skipping a real book of ours, give me a holler.

This is information which I posted before this thread started.

Quote:I thought of TheLys and his werewolf mod particularly because we're on friendly terms with them, seeing as we link to each other. This is just a hypothetical idea, but if TheLys and his team wants to create werewolves for Oblivion, they might also like to create a quest and use a location for them, so they can present their work to the player in a real setting.

My thoughts then followed to feature a werewolf clan in the Forgotten Forest, which is added through a plugin that would work as an extension of Silgrad. We'd also get to use the werewolves in other places if we wanted, so we'd have a duplicate set of them as we can't access the content in the extension plugin. Our sites would link to each other and draw upon the good reputation of the other partner, sharing visitors. All it would restrict us to is that we don't tamper with the setup for Forgotten Forest once we are finished and happy with it, as moving a tree could cause a werewolf to get stuck and things like that. It's just a loose idea I had of how we could cooperate with other teams without being forced to play by someone else's rulebook.

If some people create a "Oblivion: Vvardenfell" project, that would also open up a good opportunity for cooperation I think, as our teams could help each other with recreating surroundings suitable for the Morrowind province. I've started to get to know some people at the Library of Tes F'Ruum, and it seems like a very sensible organization. There might be opportunities for cooperation there, although I'm not sure what that could be.

Those teams are just theories though. But I think the basic building block would be totally separated organizations. I'm more thinking of a deepened level of compatibility, if we find groups that are on the same wavelength as we are. And it would have to be thoroughly discussed in our group, publicly, I think.
Hey everybody, we renewed Oblivion Source today:

http://www.OblivionSource.com

"Oblivion Source is a site dedicated to the upcoming Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion game and TES games in general. You can find everything about the series, right here! Just make a selection in the menu, we got it all! Some high profile articles and also the always developing lore section.

We have renewed absolutely everything!

We've got new systems to manage all content, and let You help it grow! It has never been easier to manage your own lore, project, images, or other content! If you have your own mod project, or planning to begin a mod, visit ModForge under the development tab, the file library of Oblivion Source. You can add all kind of files ther from Daggerfall mods or Documents, till new Oblivion mods, also we are massively supporting our Morrowind section and You can help it grow by adding your own content in. It's all there for you.

Another new feature is our redesigned library, it is now possible for every visitor to manage their own lore; anonymously and easy! Just go to the lore section and find your way in! In the library, you will find everything from guides to complete stories and tutorials, check it out!

And the Forums... They are always welcoming all the new members Smile

No wonder Pete Hines himself gave us a short but great interview about the upcoming TES:IV.

We hope you enjoy your stay at Oblivion Source; the Source for Oblivion!

- The Oblivion Source Crew"
Great, two :goodjob: :goodjob: thumbs up from me! And congratulations on scoring that interview, I'm looking forward to reading it!

But ehm... you forgot to put a link to Oblivion Source in your post Smile
Congratulations to your new design. Keep on with that good work :goodjob:

--> www.oblivionsource.com <--

PS: I like the logo very much...
Yes, very nice on the new design! It's looks great! I'll have to check it out a little more when I have more time.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Great, two :goodjob: :goodjob: thumbs up from me! And congratulations on scoring that interview, I'm looking forward to reading it!

But ehm... you forgot to put a link to Oblivion Source in your post Smile

OMG, that I forgot that! LOL!

The interview is from December 2004 Wink

But thx for the feedback Smile
Pages: 1 2