Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Arcadea's Silgrad Tower Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not sure were to put this but I'm going to be playing Silgrad Tower and looking around the mod to get a better feel for how the city is sapose to look aswell as get ideas and information on NPC's and stores that are already created. Updates pending.
Thanks! This should help a lot with the planning for OBL. Wink We'll most likely change the layout of the city though.
Quote:Originally posted by arcadea
Not sure were to put this but I'm going to be playing Silgrad tower and looking around the mod to get a better feel for how the city is sapose to look aswell as get ideas and information on NPC's and stores that are already created. Updates pending.

:goodjob: Ok, I'm not sure what you're going to do, but I'm looking forward to it! Could you snap some nice screenshots while you're there? Preferrably in broad daylight when the sun is shining, as many of the screenshots we have are too dark. While you're at it, so to speak Smile
Quote:Originally posted by noremorse
We'll most likely change the layout of the city though.

Do we? ?(
Good question. Wink

With my newly-found vigor on a stroll through Silgrad, I have actually found out that I'm in love with the way this city is designed ... to be honest, I know my way better through Silgrad than through various parts of my home town and I have been able to remember about 80% of the interiors before I checked them in the CS. Big Grin

So, I'm quite content with the way our baby looks, but this should be discussed methinks.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Good question. Wink

With my newly-found vigor on a stroll through Silgrad, I have actually found out that I'm in love with the way this city is designed ... to be honest, I know my way better through Silgrad than through various parts of my home town and I have been able to remember about 80% of the interiors before I checked them in the CS. Big Grin

So, I'm quite content with the way our baby looks, but this should be discussed methinks.

Greetings

Quentin

Perhaps we should reopen the discussion on whether Silgrad Tower should be rebuilt using:

- Imported Hlaalu models from Morrowind (with hi-res textures)
- Morrowind models enhanced in 3DSM (and with hi-res textures)
- Completely new Hlaalu-like models built from scratch
- Imperial buildings from Oblivion's stock library

Should we start a poll, maybe?
That?s a bit too early I think. What I will definitely do personally is to change the city against the new type of buildings from Oblivion, but I wanna first see how those buildings look like. The citymap wi?ll definitely not change, as I got used to this like Quentin and actually "live" in this town with my heart. Big Grin
A poll is always a good idea. Big Grin The problem is that we have absolutely no clue what Oblivion will contain, mesh-wise spoken.

To your suggestions

1 - Imported Hlaalu models from Morrowind (with hi-res textures)
That might be the easiest and fastest way and for the moment it is the one I'd prefer.

2- Morrowind models enhanced in 3DSM (and with hi-res textures)
I'd like to know what you mean with "enhanced" before I can comment on that

3 - Completely new Hlaalu-like models built from scratch
Definitely the most creative, but also the most time-consuming way. And it would depend (at least IMHO) that we get a bunch of highly skilled modellers together ... and I remember that good modellers have been worth their weight in gold - and mostly had projects of their own running (Lady E. and Proudfoot anyone? )

4 - Imperial buildings from Oblivion's stock library
Right now it is a no-no from me, because I'd like to see Silgrad as a Dunmer town.

Hopefully we will see more screenies of buildings in times to come so we might get a hunch what we will be given.

And maybe someone in the community is working on something like point 1 or 2 so that there will be ressource packs for those who want to transfer their mods from TES 3 to TES 4.

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Valderon
That?s a bit too early I think. What I will definitely do personally is to change the city against the new type of buildings from Oblivion, but I wanna first see how those buildings look like. The citymap wi?ll definitely not change, as I got used to this like Quentin and actually "live" in this town with my heart Big Grin

Well if our team is to design new and improved Hlaalu models, the time between now and the game's release isn't too long in my opinion. That time would definetely be needed, if the intention is that we should start our work by rebuilding Silgrad city, and if the intention is also that it should look like it does in our current plugin. Because if we use Imp models, it won't look anything like it did.
What types of houses are announced for Oblivion? Will there be again Hlaalu style ones?
Pages: 1 2