Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: What do you want to mod first?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When Oblivion is released, and you've had ample time to play through it of course, what do you think your first modding project will be? For me, I think I'd like to start by building a nice, big estate for 'Lord Razorwing' to live on. In my mind it would be centered around a large farm, supplying both the folks on the estate as well as the nearby town (whichever that may be) with food. There'd be pig pens and stables too, maybe a pond, and partially surrounded by a forest where the Lord goes hunting now and then. I hope the world we start building will be on a scale that allows for that kind of estates to be built without cramping cities.

So, what are your plans? You must have some, I'm sure Smile
For me, it would be some kind of ridiculously large tomb / cave system. also (if i decide to figure out scriptings) a necromancer sect + weapons/armour + skills + quests...
Dark Legionnaire: Sounds cool! The sense I get from reading the official forum, and reading the two new interviews (one is here, the other is a sticky on the forum) is that creating quests will be much easier this time around. So it's quite possible we won't need to learn the new scripting language unless we want to do something really out of the ordinary. So I'm sure things will go easier for you than you might fear Smile
Lol, yay!

Well I never bothered to learn scripting for MW, because I joined this project and didn't really need it. And its too late now...... hee hee. That's quite nice though. I just need to get a pc that'll run it. I play MW on this one and the water isn't even reflective... I cant even view my cave / tomb that I did in full niceness. :poorme:
That's unfortunate. Sad

But according to the devs they are working hard to let players optimize the graphic detail of Oblivion even more than we could with Morrowind, so who knows, maybe when we find out the specs you won't need to buy a top-of-the-line card. Unless you're already planning for an upgrade not related to Oblivion. I'm sure it'll work out, one way or another.
I think I will work on a new version of 'Quentin's Fortune', the first house I ever build for my character. This time it will be located on a nice - and sunny - island.

Or I'll start with Silgrad's 'Good Fortune'.

But it will be a house, definitely. Big Grin
A lodge in the mountains will be mine. One overlooking a lake and a large forest, with nothing else in the area.

Either that or an open plain with a few farms scattered all around. And then my big place right in the middle. Wink
Excellent, I'm already looking forward to visiting your estates Big Grin

Quentin: Were you thinking of sizing up Ashunor Lake and build an island at its center?

I can surmise from both posts that you guys also think we should have plenty of room in our world to play with this time around? It's hard to give any estimate but I think we need one Morrowind-sized exterior cell per estate, if not more... what do you think? And do you think it would be a good idea to group the estates so they lie close to where we'll rebuild Silgrad? And should we try and import the Hlaalu buildings from Morrowind, or go with a different style supplied by Oblivion?
Yep yep.

When I have spare time, and schoolwork is done, I shall make some background. Smile
RW:
Maybe not a 'Morrowind Sized' area per estate, but probably a large portion of it. I definately would like to see just how far the view distance is, so we could judge then.

As for porting the old models, I don't think so. First we should see what Oblivion has to offer, and if they don't have what we want, we could make new, more detailed models than the TES3 models.

We could port some of the user made models on over though, since they are of high quality already. Wink
Pages: 1 2