Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: hullo all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, some of you might know me from Tamriel Rebuilt. I saw this thread on ESF, and thought i'd love to join this mod. I'm best at (in order :-P) exteriors, making new textures, interiors, and NPCs. I can't do any scripting, but with oblivion's CS, I can probably learn how to make quests.
Here's a photobucket account of my work for TR (sadly most of it's been redone by some other guy):
http://photobucket.com/albums/y28/Sirwootalot/

I really like the look of this project - adhering strictly to lore like TR, but being fun about it. I saw some of the models you've made with ST, and as awesome as they are, I was wondering if I could make some new higher-quality textures for them - the ones on them right now look like they're placeholder. I can't do anything involving 3DSmax, but I can open the existing textures in photoshop, or have someone else apply the textures I make. I don't know how to make specular maps as of right now, but bump maps seem easy enough.
Good to have ya, we need as many people as we can

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Also, I made TR's faction map - I HIGHLY reccomend we here at vvardenfell use it! I'm a massive lore buff, it kills me to see things like Blacklight in imperial architechture (it's redoran/velothi, sillies) or hlaalu towns in redoran territory. The map is pretty misshapen (i think we should use beth's mainland layout, not tr's, for this mod), but you still get a general idea of things. (click the link, its too big to put in a post)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?image=g/maps..._data/maps

Also, here's a new one I just made, using beth's old shapes. factions are the same on both maps - red is redoran, blue is dres, yellow is hlaalu, orange is telvanni, white is indoril, purple is imperial, black is house dagoth or wilderness, green is (was) tribunal, and teal is nords.
[Image: factionmap2.jpg]
I really hope these can be put to use! Smile
Welcome. BTW, Nice little swamp there Big Grin
hey w00ty. yes, i hand out here too Tongue (although i dont mod)
i think that you will find this project alor mroe relaxed bout lore then tr
:bounce: welcome!
"like Blacklight in imperial architechture (it's redoran/velothi, sillies)"
...it was an Imperial town I thought.... like Firewatch....
"hlaalu towns in redoran territory"
I disliked that too.... made me wonder...why?

on the faction-terrain map:
the map is way outdated, and the land much changed as Bethesda saw fit... your idea of the land partitioning is somewhat along with what I thought.... but we need to put it in a current perspective.... you know what I mean?

on perspective of lore:
I know you guys might disagree.... and this is what LN is referring to...
my position and I think the majority of this team's position is:
if it is reasonable and not lore-breaking, and if it can be backed by a solid arguement, it will not be prevented from being in Vvardenfell... Lore did not start out as law, it was developed in the very same way, and lore can be flexible in a sense if you want it to be... but are definitely guidelines to be adhered to
welcome woot! :bounce:

if you want a good summary of faction territory theres faction maps in all of the "_______ Plans on Vvardenfell" Threads in the factions section of the forums. There's even ones for the betmer and house dagoth. Though i think the unified map idea is a good one... :yes:

and kukluza pretty much nailed it with our lore stance...
Well, rodan originally made blacklight as an imperial town, despite the fact that that stood against what little lore existed for it - that it's the oldest major city in morrowind. unless the imperials razed the old city to the ground in some fierce battle (an event so major that it surely would've been reported in a book somewhere) I don't see how Blacklight can be justified as an imperial town.
Thanks for pointing out the other maps, by the way! I looked around (rather quickly) and assumed you guys had no maps yet, but I guess I didn't look hard enough... Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Sirwootalot
Well, rodan originally made blacklight as an imperial town, despite the fact that that stood against what little lore existed for it - that it's the oldest major city in Morrowind. unless the imperials razed the old city to the ground in some fierce battle (an event so major that it surely would've been reported in a book somewhere) I don't see how Blacklight can be justified as an imperial town.
Thanks for pointing out the other maps, by the way! I looked around (rather quickly) and assumed you guys had no maps yet, but I guess I didn't look hard enough... Smile

Hiya Sirwootalot, nice to see you here!

Questions regarding Blacklight should probably be posted on Rodan's boards, and things regarding Silgrad Tower on our boards. All the projects in our network are pretty much autonomous in deciding matters regarding their area. Having said that I totally concur with KuKulzA's stance on lore. Sometimes it's too contradicting or confusing to be taken as law, or at least I think so myself.

The only real description of Blacklight based in lore I've managed to find is this.

From 'Go Blades!'
Blacklight holds the northern tip of Morrowind, and to the east is Dagoth Ur in all its fiery glory. The Dark Knights fight for this city-state and seldom show mercy to their opponents...

Blacklight is referenced elsewhere but as far as I can tell those sources weren't very descriptive. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I haven't been able to find it. Might I ask where in lore it's said that Blacklight is the oldest city in Morrowind?

I'd also like to mention my post on TR's forum from a couple of weeks ago:
I see a lot of interesting references to lore but no mentions of where exactly the information you reference can be found. I'm not critisizing anyone, I would just be personally very interested to read more about it since my searches on TIL hasn't yielded much in the way of information about cities such as Kragenmoor.

? Sload says that Kragenmoore is a Hlaalu city; "Actually, Kragenmoore is, in lore, a Hlaalu city"
? Pythearon says it's an ancient Velothi stronghold; "Kragenmoor is an ancient velothi stronghold."
? Stalker says it's the Redoran capital; " Redoran capital was Kragenmoor if the memory doesn't fail me."

I was really looking forward to finding out where Kragenmoore's nature was determined in lore, because personally I hadn't been able to find out. I'm not critisizng anyone, but maybe Tamriel Rebuilt have a very broad opinion of what constitutes lore? ?(

I think Silgrad Tower's view of the Redoran/Hlaalu districts on the mainland is more like this, reflecting that House Hlaalu is said to be the most dominant of the Houses:
just to let you know Razorwing, I agree with the map, BUT remember, Hlaalu don't grow wealthy with territory necessarily, they grow more wealthy with the control of strategic trade site, at least in their own territory and the trade of important items.... I mean they are "THE traders" of Morrowind, as the stereotypical Hlaalu is a traders. which is not necessarily true.... but the stereotype covers quite a few
Pages: 1 2 3 4