Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Vivec Housing Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Vivec Housing Project

Background: Everyone agrees that there were far more people than housing in Vivec, right? How about a quest to build another housing canton? Are there limitations on building in Vivec (I have not fone my research... :boo: ) ?

The Beginning: (If homeless people are put in, it would help immensely). When you talk to homeless people, a new topic (overcrowding) shows up in your conversations with the common people in town. They suggest that something needs to be done post haste. They tell you that they were planning a meeting in the High Fane (possible? Again, I have not done my research. Where would a mayor-of-sorts other than Vivec himself be?).

The Middle: The next day, you can attend the meeting (if you miss it, you can talk to whoever the mayor-of-sorts is and find out the problem behind it). The city itself does not have enough funding. House Redoran has contributed a fine amount to help relieve the homeless problem, and the people of Vivec all together have donated another fine amount as a whole (which means only about 10-20 gold per person). Ther are only about 3/4 of the way there, though. They need 20,000 gold, though (too much? too little?).

The End part 1: You could realize that only Redoran has contributed, and you could ask Hlaalu and Telvanni to help solve this homeless problem. The Hlaalu may give a little, but the Telvanni will probably need to be in very high disposition to help at all. You can also ask the various guilds in town for help (the guilds in...was it St. Olms?). When you have gathered the total, the mayor-of-sorts knows that you have gotten it from contributions of guilds, and happily congradulates you and gives you a couple books as a reward.

The End part 2: You can contribute the entire amount by yourself. The mayor-of-sorts will be astonished by your generosity, and will whole-heartedly thank you. He will give you the same couple of books, as well as some diamonds, and, as the last but biggest bonus, he will give you a large manor in the housing project.

The End part 3: You could also go into the sewers and kill all of the homeless people. This ending will have no reward, but the mayor-of-sorts will not punish you for being cold hearted. He will just say that he has taken note that the problem is under control. You will also recieve a drop of 10 disposition with everyone in the Redoran canton, some people in the Hlaalu canton, and the people in the St. Olms and St. Delyn cantons for being such an evil person.

My proposed location from the new canton:

(I don't have a name for it because I don't know the Dunmer culture enough... Sad )

[Image: vivec.jpg]
this should really be in the Vvardenfell forums, but i HIGHLY doubt kukluza will let you create a new canton from nowhere

especially one that messes with the cross shape of vivec

and please, please, please read the threads in the Vvardenfell forums first, so that you don't bring up topics (such as the housing system for vivec) that have been disscused previously, and which already have a designated area to do so :yes:

edit: definetly some qreat quest ideas here though...
Quote:Originally posted by batman
this should really be in the Vvardenfell forums, but I HIGHLY doubt kukluza will let you create a new canton from nowhere

especially one that messes with the cross shape of vivec

and please, please, please read the threas in the Vvardenfell forums first, so that you don't bring up topics (such as the housing system for vivec) that have been disscused previously, and which already have a designated area to do so :yes:

I have been reading through those forums, and that is where I got the idea, I also thought that I would keep all my stuff in one little thread, but that is a point well taken that it is off topic in this section of the forum.

And you are probably right that it would be no good to mess up the shape of such an important city.

Thank you for correcting me.

[EDIT]And I am not pushing for any of these quests to be implemented. I am just throwing out some ideas into the playing field that might explain changes made for this Morrowind from TES III. Confusedhrug: I will try to organize my quests into each of the areas of the forum, though.[/EDIT]
no problem, and i know that enyone here would do the same for me :yes:

i have a minor question though, are the quests listed here for Vvardenfell only, or are you going to claim stuff in Silgrad too?

because if its Vvardenfell only, then the next person with the avaiable mod powers and time could move this thread into the "Factions and Quests" area of the Vvardenfell forums?
Quote:Originally posted by batman
no problem, and I know that enyone here would do the same for me :yes:

I have a minor question though, are the quests listed here for Vvardenfell only, or are you going to claim stuff in Silgrad too?

because if its Vvardenfell only, then the next person with the avaiable mod powers and time could move this thread into the "Factions and Quests" area of the Vvardenfell forums?

That was my first Vvardenfell quest. A lot of my quests are intended for Reich Parkeep. That ring quest is supposed to be in the wilderness at some small pond, but not in Vvardenfell. The original was there, and I think it would be better to have it away from the original site, but somewhere that looked similar to it.
ah, gotcha :goodjob:

i missed that part :bash:
[Image: icon12.gif]...to Vvardenfell. Smile

I do think it would be a good idea to have separate threads for your quests, TheMann777. If people post a comment about quest #3 after you've posted the draft for quest #7... well it would get a bit confusing in the long run I think. Don't let that stop you from posting though. Smile
I think the OP has a great idea but I dislike his idea for a new canton though. I think instead of messing up the fomation it would be best if you had shanty towns all around vivec on the land? I suppose if this goes against the Lore you could say the Homelessness in Vivec has gotten so bad that the public have set up their own shany town housing around the cantons and there are too many of them to be stopped and the emporer is trying to fight this problem! :yes:
i did bring this up a few months ago i remeber just as an idea when I signed on to orginize vivic and the general consensus was that we should not add a new canton and over time ive come to agree with that for many reasons, mainly just because we have no real need for another canton and who would occupy it? also we have to keep in mind that during this time period construction a canton would take ltos of time, not just 6 years.
Quote:Originally posted by Waffleman
I did bring this up a few months ago I remeber just as an idea when I signed on to orginize vivic and the general consensus was that we should not add a new canton and over time I've come to agree with that for many reasons, mainly just because we have no real need for another canton and who would occupy it? also we have to keep in mind that during this time period construction a canton would take ltos of time, not just 6 years.

Very, very true. I completely forgot to add in a time factor... Blush
Pages: 1 2