Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Bad problems with the AI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I personally cant wait for this mod and would help put my skills to contribution but just dont have the time right now. Anyway isnt it going to be a problem with all the NPC's in Morrowind how most of them didnt have a house or anything. They just stood there and had no identity. Also with radint AI what are the NPC's going to to? Most of the people in the houses will have nothing to do because there will already be someone wokring in every shop/guild workplace. There will be problems with the AI.
Hey Vashj, I can't wait either. It's gonna be pretty realistic. If I lived in MW, there's no way you would find me sitting in my home all day. Read a book at the library, get a drink at the tavern, go swimming in the river, talk with my friends at the mages guild, buy some food at the general store, pray at the temple, eat a meal, take a bag of supplies to my brother in the next city. Plenty of things for the npc to do.
okay guys there are more than a few threads with this topic discussed in it, please try explore the forums a bit before posting so as to not repeat things. however, i will give you guys an (albiet brief) answer.

With Radient AI every single character will have schedules for the day (eat, go to work, sleep, etc) the AI allows for the NPCs to be given goals, and the NPCs will go about achiving them based on thier personality.

Also, yes, every sinlge NPC needs a place to hang their hat, inn, house, bedroll, whatever, everyone will have a place to sleep. And with RAI they won't just be statues anymore too!

And there will NOT be problems with the AI on the scale that you're thinking because we're not coding the AI ourselves, duh, Bethsoft did A LOT of tuing to make sure that the RAI system is workable and adaptable.

and again please, please read before posting :goodjob:
My point is that if you are not planning on adding 100s of houses for all the idle npcs you will have problems.
and mine is that is the sleep system caused as many problems as you propose it wouldn't have been implemented in the way it was.

You do realize that Bethsoft would've ran into those problems and fixed them right?

here, from my earlier post:
Quote:Originally posted by batman
And there will NOT be problems with the AI on the scale that you're thinking because we're not coding the AI ourselves, duh, Bethsoft did A LOT of tuing to make sure that the RAI system is workable and adaptable.
I think he's asking what we plan to do with all the extra NPCs that are in TESIII but don't have homes and all the NPCs that have houses and no jobs or anything to do other than stand around next to their bed. The answer is either (a) add jobs and houses or (b) cut a lot of the identityless NPCs from our version. I vote for the latter myself. If somebody notices that they're gone, let's just assume that they were travellers passing through and that they've moved on.
and mine is that is the sleep system caused as many problems as you propose it wouldn't have been implemented in the way it was.

You do realize that Bethsoft would've ran into those problems and fixed them right?

here, from my earlier post:

You are not understanding. I have said nothing about the sleep system and I didnt propose it wouldent have been implelented in the way it was.
What were you talking about? ?( ?(

You are not listening to my question. The landmass will be FULL up of houses becuase the people who stand idle all over the place will need a place too sleep , before they can do this. You replied to this that Bethesda would have ran into theese problems and fixed it themselves duh..
You're assuming every NPC needs a house. That assumption is BECAUSE of the sleep system, and thats what i'm talking about.

Please inform yourself fully about the game systems and their relationships :yes:

Now then, did anyone EVER say that all the morrowind NPCs would be returning? No. Its not only that, but its not about houses, its about the sleep system like i said, becasue not every NPC NEEDS a house, just a place to sleep.

The enitire game of Oblivion has 1500+ NPCs. Yet in screenshots, we don't see that, and i quote: "the landmass will be FULL up of houses because of the people who stand all over the place" The NPCs DON'T stand all over the place in Oblivion, and they won't in Vvardenfell either, thats the point of RAI. I don't even understand why your asking the question...

Simply put, the landmass won't be full up of houses because THERES NO REASON FOR IT TO BE!

Sorry for the tone, but it all seems very cut, dried, and obvious to me... Confusedhrug:
You're assuming every NPC needs a house. That assumption is BECAUSE of the sleep system, and thats what i'm talking about.

Please inform yourself fully about the game systems and their relationships :yes:

Now then, did anyone EVER say that all the Morrowind NPCs would be returning? No. Its not only that, but its not about houses, its about the sleep system like I said, becasue not every NPC NEEDS a house, just a place to sleep.

The enitire game of Oblivion has 1500+ NPCs. Yet in screenshots, we don't see that, and I quote: "the landmass will be FULL up of houses because of the people who stand all over the place" The NPCs DON'T stand all over the place in Oblivion, and they won't in Vvardenfell either, thats the point of RAI. I don't even understand why your asking the question...

Simply put, the landmass won't be full up of houses because THERES NO REASON FOR IT TO BE!

Sorry for the tone, but it all seems very cut, dried, and obvious to me... Confusedhrug:

You changed the subject again. "Simply put, the landmass won't be full up of houses because THERES NO REASON FOR IT TO BE!" "The NPCs DON'T stand all over the place in Oblivion, and they won't in Vvardenfell either"..

Is the whole of Vvardenfall going to be deserted becuase if you dont plan on filling the landmas up with an unusual amount of houses then where will the NPC's go at night?
ok dude.... guys.... Vashj vs. batman here.... who gonna win?
phantom of gotham city or sea-wich of the naga?

NEITHER!

....cause I win this one.... mwahahaha :brew:
(even if I prove one of you right)

righto.... so where do people live? hmmm.... anywhere they can.... but it seems they like to live in cities or towns with a few in other places like dungeons and yurts.... cool.... but they all need a sleeping place right? yeah, the hobos down in St. Olms Canton need their bed-rolls down in the sewers.... ok, so if everyone has a place to sleep... and most likely in a building.... whether their home, an inn, or whatever.... then its fine right? and seeing as how our scale will be either Oblivion's or bigger.... and seeing as how their are autonomous regions and the land is bigger, we can fit more anyhows.... and add that with the fact that I'm sure this has been discussed before?
Pages: 1 2 3