Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Words of Wisdom (random tidbit)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've added a new feature to the bottom of the Overview page, dubbed Words of Wisdom.

Some might recall it from our website, and it's essentially the same system. I removed the lines related to Silgrad Tower's TES3 mod, added a few new ones, and updated the links. I further rephrased the lines both so that they read like statements rather than questions and also so they read without assuming all lines are in ST context. The latter is so the system can be open to all the projects in our network to supply surfers with messages they feel are important.

If you want to add your own lines, that's totally ok - just post 'em here. You can use HTML tags if you want, for instance to create links. You can supply as many lines as you like. Please make submitted lines copy-paste friendly, I'd rather not have to write or rewrite them for ya. Tongue

Edit NR 7.23.2006: Deleted images.
one question, what purpose does this serve?
1) Entertainment, 2) providing random information, 3) sheer fun, 4) none at all ... choose what you like.

For me it's a mixture of 1) and 2). Big Grin

Greetings

Quentin
you forgot 5) taking up space Tongue
and 6) pointless nagging Tongue

but seriously... i've always liked that little trivia thing, even to the point of refreshing endlessly just to see them all Big Grin I'll try and find a few more interesting tidbits and post them up here. TO THE IMPERIAL LIBRARY ROBIN!!!
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
you forgot 5) taking up space Tongue

Now whose space is it anyways? Wink

Greetings

Quentin
Quentin Fortune: [Image: icon16.gif]

batman: Great, I wager the vast majority of our future members will have no real conception of what the island of Vvardenfell was, so there's a lot of room for explaining bits about the concept you guys have going. :yes:

L. Nerevar: It's ok that you don't understand... let me explain, and maybe it will clear up some confusion for you. :]

The random lines might catch the attention of casual surfers who haven't yet developed an interest in our mods. They might have a dim perception of what we're doing here, and stare confusedly at all the different boards of the forum. In situations like that the 'Words of Wisdom' can deliver a quick, easy-to-understand tidbit of information. To take one example it might get them thinking,
[blockquote]"Oh okay, Ebbedin's a fishing village and it looks like they're modding it for Oblivion. I've had this idea for a fisherman's quest mulling in my head, maybe I can make it fit in with that village and mod a hut there. I'd better register and make a post about it and see what these guys think."[/blockquote]
If it tips the scale in making just one person interested, it was worth it. It's one of those things that handles itself and can stay for years and years, yielding a small but permanent rise in interest. Do you understand now? :]
"Reich Parkeep is the only town in Morrowind where the Empire built their military installation inside the town."

What about Sadrith Mora? Wasn't that tower thing that all the guilds are in a military installation?

And what about Gnisis? I'm pretty sure that the Legion's barracks was right in the middle of town, and the walls of the city were build by Imperials, I believe...
I think this is a great idea, certainly very simple an interesting. From the perspective of a random board surfer, it really does add a small bit of uniqueness and intrigue to the boards. :goodjob:

Quote:"Reich Parkeep is the only town in Morrowind where the Empire built their military installation inside the town."

What about Sadrith Mora? Wasn't that tower thing that all the guilds are in a military installation?

And what about Gnisis? I'm pretty sure that the Legion's barracks was right in the middle of town, and the walls of the city were build by Imperials, I believe...

Good point, perhaps that comment was only referring to mainland Morrowind and wasnt considering Vvardenfell?
Also, I always considered Wolverine Hall on the edge or just beyond the edge of Sadrith Mora. The town itself more or less ends before the Imperial tavern.
Pages: 1 2