Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Guild Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to all of the lore Elsweyr appears to be a stange land with a backwards society to any foriegners that go there. I think the best way to reflect this would be through the guilds.

The thieves guild won't be a couple guys at a corner bar but will be guild that recieves respect, operates entirely with the best interests of Elsweyr in mind, and recieves many of it's assignments directly from the Mane. Tasks could be along the lines of collecting "taxes", redistributing pockets of wealth, Evening business deals khajiit believe went badly with foriegners after the fact, and collecting evidence. They would essentially become like the blades are in the empire

The fighters guild on the otherhand should be more of an underground collection of thugs. More like a street gang that intimidates local businesses and performs alot of non-subtle breaking and entering.

For the mages guild I think it should have a neat little twist. In Elsweyr, there is a big business for converting moonsugar into skooma and creating liqours. Naturally mages would want to keep all alchemy in house and so the major functions of the mages guild should revolve around collecting alchemical supplies and distibuting them. They will still perform many of the same functions of the other mages guild but everything will have an overtone of "How will this help us sell more sujamma and skooma.

The temple guild(or whatever we want to call it) should be almost a scientific organization. Since much of the Khajiit religion and physiology is based on the lunar cycle there is alot of emphasis on studying the stars and patterns of the moons. Alot of the quests can center around gathering information about why certain khajiit live in different areas, building better telescopes, studying finding the causes of sickness in different areas, and gathering supplies for experiments. There's no reason to be searching for converts or proving your faith because it's obvious to all khajiit that their religion is correct.

What does everyone think?
The word for thief in Ta'Agra actually means clever, or smart - Khajiit don't always view thieves as necessarily bad. So you're right there. You have some good ideas for the rest. As for me I had a cool idea for the tribes up north if you wanted to do quests for them.

The desert will negate natural fatigue regeneration, you will only gain fatigue by resting. Resting in the desert will (slowly) drain health, unless you find an interior cell. Finding an interior cell will be hard because well, out in the desert your eyes can play tricks on you. So throw in creatures fighting you occasionally and there is attrition. You either have to find a rock to hide under or get out of the desert.

Anyway, so my idea for the tribes was that to gain entrance to their quests, you have to pass an initiation to prove that you're as tough as they are. You have to survive in the desert for 10 days or so without leaving. You may take any equipment you like. The player won't be able to rest through this either, as the health will drain. Certain clothing items will help with fatigue and health drain in the desert, so a prepared player will bring in the right potions and the right gear, and they'll be fine.
Quote:Originally posted by Smight
The thieves guild won't be a couple guys at a corner bar but will be guild that recieves respect, operates entirely with the best interests of Elsweyr in mind, and recieves many of it's assignments directly from the Mane. Tasks could be along the lines of collecting "taxes", redistributing pockets of wealth, Evening business deals khajiit believe went badly with foriegners after the fact, and collecting evidence. They would essentially become like the blades are in the empire
Excellent idea, sounds quite reasonable. Depending on what the dialogue in Oblivion says about the Thieves' Guild, perhaps the Elsweyr Theives' Guild could be the original one (since the Thieves' Guild exists in all provinces of Tamriel, and generally is especially friendly towards Khajiit - as they say, "some Khajiit are thieves. Others are very good thieves."

The fighters guild on the otherhand should be more of an underground collection of thugs. More like a street gang that intimidates local businesses and performs a lot of non-subtle breaking and entering.
Again, great thinking. This one would be more Imperial, too, I would think.

For the mages guild I think it should have a neat little twist. In Elsweyr, there is a big business for converting moonsugar into skooma and creating liqours. Naturally mages would want to keep all alchemy in house and so the major functions of the mages guild should revolve around collecting alchemical supplies and distibuting them. They will still perform many of the same functions of the other mages guild but everything will have an overtone of "How will this help us sell more sujamma and skooma.
Sujamma? Pretty sure that's a Morrowind local drink. The Skooma business sounds reasonable, and I could see it working well with the fact that the Guild of Mages is Imperial - I'm guessing Moon Sugar is not illegal in Elsweyr, and therefore neither is Skooma - but the Khajiit's real interest is in the Sugar, not the Skooma - it is the Imperial, who care not for the Sugar, but only for the Money, who feel the need to turn it into Skooma for profit.

The temple guild(or whatever we want to call it) should be almost a scientific organization. Since much of the Khajiit religion and physiology is based on the lunar cycle there is a lot of emphasis on studying the stars and patterns of the moons. a lot of the quests can center around gathering information about why certain khajiit live in different areas, building better telescopes, studying finding the causes of sickness in different areas, and gathering supplies for experiments. There's no reason to be searching for converts or proving your faith because it's obvious to all khajiit that their religion is correct.
Brilliant!

Quote:Originally posted by ArsonideThe desert will negate natural fatigue regeneration, you will only gain fatigue by resting. Resting in the desert will (slowly) drain health, unless you find an interior cell. Finding an interior cell will be hard because well, out in the desert your eyes can play tricks on you. So throw in creatures fighting you occasionally and there is attrition. You either have to find a rock to hide under or get out of the desert.

Anyway, so my idea for the tribes was that to gain entrance to their quests, you have to pass an initiation to prove that you're as tough as they are. You have to survive in the desert for 10 days or so without leaving. You may take any equipment you like. The player won't be able to rest through this either, as the health will drain. Certain clothing items will help with fatigue and health drain in the desert, so a prepared player will bring in the right potions and the right gear, and they'll be fine.
Excellent idea on the test (though I don't know if it makes sense for the Pelli-whatever they are to have that test, aren't they in the southern jungles?), and I know I've already told you, but I love what you're doing with the desert - perhaps the jungle to get somewhat similar treatment, as a harsh environment?
Quote:Excellent idea on the test (though I don't know if it makes sense for the Pelli-whatever they are to have that test, aren't they in the southern jungles?), and I know I've already told you, but I love what you're doing with the desert - perhaps the jungle to get somewhat similar treatment, as a harsh environment?

I don't consider the Pellitine as part of the northern nomadic tribes. They are either jungle/forest dwellers or have integrated into the society in the south as an organization. If they haven't integrated then society would probably be testing their patience, sort of like the frustration ashlanders have with all the city dwellers on Morrowind.

The jungle I was thinking of similar things, along the lines of stealthy mobs, and poisonous plants.
Ah, again, more excellent thinking. Hah, I love hanging out with you guys, so refreshing compared to the usual muck on the official forums...
Lots of conflict in Elsywer to the nomadic tribes of the north do not like the southern sofistaced clans of the south. Maybe some quest lines around attacking tribes/cities or ambushs on caravans desert battles jungle battles. Also the biggest threat to Elsywer is the Bosmer they attack each other all the time.
That would make a good "event". The Bosmer go into the "Hunt" occasionally, where they all turn into demons and basically stampede an enemy.

Yeah I was thinking maybe the Pellitine would be responsible for the sugar refinement, with the Clan Mothers.
Most Bosmer would rather die than do that demon thing. A Bosmer who does it is as good as dead anyway. That's a last-ditch desperation tactic.
O what about trade princes fighting for land and stuff like that?
Quote:Originally posted by Arsonide
That would make a good "event". The Bosmer go into the "Hunt" occasionally, where they all turn into demons and basically stampede an enemy.

Yeah I was thinking maybe the Pellitine would be responsible for the sugar refinement, with the Clan Mothers.

What is the demon thing that Bosmer can do? I've never heard it mentioned before, and I'm just trying to picture what would happen if Fargoth tried it while being shaken down.
Pages: 1 2