Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Main Quest thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First we need to think of the outlines?

How many quest 10-30?

Who can be apart the mane, bosmer, nomadic tribes of the north, and southern cities?

Main quest could be a certain moon oversees war a nomadic tribe attacks a southern city and does some damage. Then it gets attacked again by bosmer but maybe the bosmer leader of the attacking force is possesed by some sort of daedra or evil spirit? Maybe a war starts at a Khajjit lumber mill where all the khajjits are slaughtered by bosmer and their wild life allies?
yeah.... I think the MQ should definitely be revolving around the Bosmer-Khajit conflicts....
and maybe you can choose from two camps.... one Khajit chief from the desert and the other a wealthy trade-prince from the south.... each knows the Bosmer are going to strike the lumber camps, but desert chief wants to offensive, trade-prince wants to go defensive, to let the Bosmer hit first....
the desert chief cares for his people's welfare and is also war-like, the southern merchant guy cares more fo rthe success, doesn't care if a hundred khajits on the border are killed in one Bosmer ambush

just an idea built off of Ebonyknight's Confusedhrug:
Unfortunately, in order to do that you really need to do Elsweyr and Valenwood. I don't know if anyone is currently working on Valenwood, but I believe that is well beyond the scope of this mod (then again, I'm not leading it, if Arsonide really wants to do two provinces, that's his business). Also, something like a war between the two provinces is something that is going to be talked about everywhere, making it much harder to integrate this into the rest of the game, and with other mods (especially if someone else is doing Valenwood).
The bosmer wouldn't attack simply because of lumber camps. They don't cut down trees themselves, but they allow other races to come into their forests and cut wood and export it. I'd assume if they were so offended that they'd attack they wouldn't do this. The Mane's city has buildings made of the finest woods of Valenwood, and it's not very far from the province line. The bosmer wouldn't mind lumbermills, especially ones not even in their own province.
ok.... lets see... more ideas.....

how about.... hmm.... small leads to big oftentimes...
maybe a Khajit of the south wants to trade with a desert khajit chief but ends up offending him and then evetually through a complicated series of events a war occurs... ?
Here's a proposal I thought of a while ago:

The Mane is, and has supposedly always been an incarnation of Rid-T'har-ri'Datta, sorta like the Dali Lama. And that the Mane, like all Khajiit, has his form determined by a particular moon phase, the hitch being that this phase occurs only when there is no Mane living. The Mane is obviously important as figurehead of the Khajiiti people, and as accepted mediator of the factions in Elsweyr.

With me so far? Here's where it gets wonky.

The Mane is born when there's no other Mane living. During the Warp in the West (or Miracle of Peace), the Khajiit population in the area of effect was effectively cut off from the population in the rest of Tamriel. And since we can look at the Warp-effected as an entirely different timeline (for that brief time), the appropriate checks would have been made (eg. "who exists in this timeline?"), and it would have been determined that there was no Mane (since the current one would have been in Elsweyr, well outside the effect). So somewhere in the West, during the Miracle of Peace, some random Khajiiti woman gave birth and her child became Mane.

This presents obvious problems. For one thing, the Mane is one spirit -- Rid-T'har-ri'Datta -- so when you divvy his essence up between two individuals, you'll get two fundamentally incomplete entities. The idea with this is to present the two Manes as basically opposing ideals, a microcosm of the conflict between Anu and Padomay.

For the purposes of a good story, the Elsweyr (native) Mane would be static and placid, interested in nothing beyond the status quo. His closest allies and advisors would have noticed the change in him when the second Mane was born, and have used it to their advantage. After all, this Mane has little imagination, and can be easily influenced by those who have a mind to. The foreign Mane would be dynamic and impassioned, to the point of irritability and short-sightedness. He would see the Native Mane as a lazy plutocrat, and draw revolutionaries to his side with his strong personality. Established, complacent power vs. upstart dissident power. It's also disasterous in light of Elsweyr's already divided political atmosphere (it's also reflective of this division), giving the opposing factions each a seemingly legit figurehead.

The resolution of this main quest would revolve around the reunification of Rid-T'har-ri'Datta, so that he could act as a true leader again, and begin to heal the rifts that had grown among his people since he'd been fractured.

Or something.
Brilliant. We could even have it so that the revolutionary mane shaves himself as a Suthay, cause if he didn't I'm sure he'd be executed on sight, or brought to the attention of the other mane at the very least. It also allows us to introduce this mane to the player first, without the player knowing.
I'm not sure if the Warp in the West is the proper Dragon Break to use. The Incident at Rimmen might be better. But otherwise, that's a brilliant plan.

It would, of course, have to be explained why this hasn't happened with other Dragon Breaks - simply that the other Mane was killed off (or the real Mane was in the Broken Time) would be simple, but don't forget to explain it at some point.
Just signed up here. Very interesting ideas you guys have here. I don't know if you guys need members to help you bring Elsweyr come to life, but if you guys need help with Dungeon making or writing for quests or Books and Lore I'd be more then willing to help you guys out on this incredibly ambitious project.
Sure if you want to make yourself some dungeons you're welcome to. Dungeons will be in the form of tombs, caves, and ruins mainly. Visually they will likely be very different from the ones in Cyrodiil. For instance I'm thinking Mayan style ruins in the jungles, king tut type tombs in the desert. Not exactly of course, we have to make sure they fit in with the lore and make sure they have the personal touch of the khajiit, but we could certainly use help doing dungeons, when we have the appropriate models complete.

If you want to join the team all you have to do is introduce yourself in the recruitment thread in the Elsweyr Confederacy General Forum. Welcome.
Pages: 1 2 3