Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: betmeri league & a possible Elsweyr Mission in Ebonheart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the betmer league in Morrowind is a loosely connected league of betmer warbands that are on Vvardenfell. As they are outlaws, escape back to Argonia, Orsinium or Elsweyr is impossible. The goblins, orcs, Argonians, khajits, etc. are trapped on the island and hoep to carve out a betmer nation of their own in the east, like Orsinium in the west. However, they are in a fight against all of the other factions on Vvardenfell. Luckily, their mercenary-relationship with the Telvanni have given them a powerful, albeit an upredictable ally.
Anyhow, I was wondering whether it would be possible for the Elsweyr Confederacy team to have quests or dialogue about the rumored betmeri league, maybe sending weapons and armor to an Elsewyr Mission in Ebonheart to be smuggled to the betmeri warriors, etc.etc.?
I think its a good idea to have a Elsweyr Mission in Ebonheart.... Argonians have an interest in Morrowind because of the slavery issue, their want to take back southern Morrowin lands, and the fact they hate Dunmer. Skyrim Mission is there because they have warred wit Dunmer in the past and have an interest in taking the land. But th Khajit are interested in Morrowind because of trade and the anti-slavery. They hope to get rid of slavery in Morrowind so their people would be raided and captured to be shipper back to Morrowind. Also, the Dunmer are trying very hard to grow moon-sugar on Vvardenfell, and as we all know, Elsewyr is the only place with good growing moon-sugar.... and so the Khajits have a monopoly on that.
I understand if you guys don't like the idea...
but I just wanted all our mods to have a sense of world, for all of them to feel like they are part of Tamriel.... and doesn't the Khajits smuggle moon-sugar into Morrowind? they have interests there... and Ebonheart is where foreign interests must be manifested in the forms of Missions and Diplomats.... o well, thats all I wanted to say....
Ohhh! You're working on the Morrowind version? I didn't realize that. OK, I didn't respond because I didn't know what you were talking about - I kept thinking "but there wasn't an Elsweyr mission..." and got confused...

I'd say that such a "league" would be rather unpopular both in Elsweyr and Argonia, seeing as both races don't want a nation of betmer, they want a nation for themselves (and Khajiit don't really seem to care that much). Also, Telvanni helping Betmer? The Telvanni were the biggest proponents of slaves in Vvardenfell! That seems extremely odd to me. Also, since when are the Dunmer trying to grow moon sugar of their own? The Khajiit would be very angry about that, but I don't remember hearing anything about that. Unless you were going to add that... but I was under the impression that the stuff could ONLY grow in the place that it does.
to give more backgroun info...
Telvanni don't hate Betmer... though they don't highly respect them....
however they are fond of using them as hirelings, a well as Bosmer
now in a Great House War, the Telvanni are going to want an army... and their small companies of warriors and hirelings, however strong, will be of little use against large armies of Hlaalu or Redoran. THerefore they turn to other sources. THey have already allied with the Ashlanders of the Grazelands. They are getting friendly with Daedric Cultists trying to get them on their side as they'd make very good warriors... and they are also trying to get the "Betmeri League" to join them as mercenaries. The Betmer are of course not too willing at first..... but the slave trade was supposedly abolished (though obviously it can't be totally enforced) and the Telvanni give it up as their slave trade wasn't too good and the Dres far surpasssed them.... plus, the Hlaalu plantations on the Ascadian Isles had more slaves than all the Telvanni had.... the Telvanni may have the "largest" market for them on Vvardenfell... but Molag Mar had a big one... and Suran and a smaller one... Telvanni was just ahead by little bit....
and so the betmeri agree to fight on the side of the Telvanni for the duration....
the thing about the betmeri homeland is this:
Orsinium is overcrowding and the kingdoms in HighRock and Hammerfell and Skyrim want it dead.... so Orcs, Argonians, and Khajits trapped on Vvardenfell re forced to find a place to live. These guys are escaped slaves or outlaws than now discover they cannot roam free in the wilds of Vvardenfell so easily now the Houses are tightening their hold... so they want to create a betmer nation on Vvardenfell so they can be safe.... since they don't really have a means of departure.

now this IS just an idea... and I would discard it for a better one.... but we'll see

and the point is not the Betmeri league, the point is the Elsweyr Mission.... but I also mentioned the betmeri league incase anyone was interested in hearing about it
I'm not certain how much of what you have said about Great House Telvanni is supported by lore, but Morrowind is your project.

Anyway, I am confused about why the Khajiit or the Argonians would be looking for a home. They have a home - Elsweyr and Argonia, respectively. They might want independence, but I highly doubt they really want to take in the Orcs and Goblins of Orsinium. Also, Orsinium appears to be doing pretty well for itself.
overpopulation is something that Orsinium has a problem with....
and most people don't want orcs and goblins applying for citizenship eh Wink
thing is.... if you are an Argonian escaped slave, or an orc outlaw.... you want to get out of Morrowind how?
you don't feel like traveling all the way across skyrim or south past the Dres to Argonia...
your a Khajit, Argonian, or an Orc.... how the hell will you get back? by ship? you need to pay.... through the Twin Lamps? its tough to find them.... your chances of escape are slim...

although I heard that Bethesda now announces they are free along with the fact that Nords are invading so are orcs...

about the Telvanni, yeah, its true, but there are two side of this.... one wouldn't like to see themselves ebing friends with betmer unless they were their slaves, the other would like them to be their hirelings.... like VisathaKai and Smokeskinkiller and those orcs at Tel Aruhn, etc.
When the American Civil War was over, how many of the freed slaves went back to Africa? I know that it's not the same situation (the Argonians and Kagit are typically first-generation slaves as I see it), but I think that there is a sense of "home" that develops even in a land of former captivity. There would be some who want to stay, to make a new life, to exact revenge, for any number of reasons.
Quote:Originally posted by Vrenir
When the American Civil War was over, how many of the freed slaves went back to Africa? I know that it's not the same situation (the Argonians and Kagit are typically first-generation slaves as I see it), but I think that there is a sense of "home" that develops even in a land of former captivity. There would be some who want to stay, to make a new life, to exact revenge, for any number of reasons.
good job Vrenir! Big Grin
Well, that is largely a Morrowind issue - the Elsweyr part is more defense. I think the Khajiit might support an anti-slavery organization (The Twin Lamps), but I'm not so sure about this league. But if you have this league, it would make sense for some of their members to be in Elsweyr, so I definitely think there needs to be communication between our two mods on this.
I was trying to think of a division of the Anequina Council that would hunt the slavers exclusively but I'm not sure what to name them. I thought the concept image would be a perfect vision of this group. They wouldn't be Twin Lamps, they are about freeing existing slaves, this would be more preventing the slaves from being taken anyway.
Pages: 1 2