Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Wood texture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Textures heh?I made a wood texture a few days ago.I tested it on a model but it looks crappy.If anyone want to use it here is it:
it looks to manufactured, ad therefore wouldnt fit well into tes (imho)
I dunno who posted this here.I thought I posted this reply in the visual design forum. Confusedhrug: Something with textures I think.... ?(
what kind of wood tex are you looking for, i have a fair amount (manufactured thats is, and a bit of non-manufactured i think).
Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
I dunno who posted this here.I thought I posted this reply in the visual design forum. Confusedhrug: Something with textures I think.... ?(

Yes, you posted a reply in the coordination thread with your texture, quite out of the blue.
Oh well.... since you created this thread I will use it to post my lastest textures. Of course there will not be that many or good cuz' I am noob with Photoshop. Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
Oh well.... since you created this thread I will use it to post my lastest textures. Of course there will not be that many or good cuz' I am noob with Photoshop. Big Grin

That sounds like a good idea. :yes:
This is actually the sort of pattern you might find on a large table top made from one of the more expensive hardwoods, and the colours are fine, and it is very attractive. Just not for bark, or posts and beams...

If it is possible I would like to see more variation in the pattern is all. Keep a lot of mirroring, but gently vary it everywhere. and use it for table tops, sideboards, etc somewhere where the people would like tht and it would be appropriate.

And do not worry about the 'modern' look. One example of phoney painting and restoration was started in Victorian times, when they believed that Renaissance paintings were all grim and dark because those paintings had been hanging above fire places for hundreds of years.

Modern techniques showed that they were originally bright and colourful, and that is how they are restored today usu (trust me, I used to restore paintings.)
Well I made a texture that I need to get fixed.I was bite by a snake for that damn petal!And I really need some help.A bump texture and a better alpha texture.I posted it on my modeling theard.

Now...I don't understand...did people get bored of that topic or my models.....hould I make a new theard?Maybe I am that nature of person that can make anyone bored. Big Grin