Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Clovers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking at something a few minutes ago and I thought I may tell you my idea.I was thinking at adding some three leaves clover and some four leaves clover.We will place lots of three leaves clovers and we will also place very few (or none) four leaves clovers.A simple script that when you equip the four leaf clover your luck grows with 10.Also the four leaves clover should be more expensive and well hidden.I am not sure if I posted this in the correct forum but i wanted to post it imediately else I could lose the idea.My mind is very weak... Tongue
i think its a grand idea :goodjob: but instead of just having 3 leaf clovers and 4 leaf clovers of course you would have a large cluster of 3 leaf clovers(or even a texture made to look like 3 leaf clovers, but then make single four leaf clovers to randomly place where ever felt needed. wow, it seems so simple. i only wonder why no one else thought of it... ?( oh well still a grand idea. Big Grin
Modeling the clover isn't hard.I think I can do it.Or maybe razorwing can do it even better.It was just an idea to make the game interesting.I am glad that you like it. Smile
hey! i know this sin't the place, but anyway, this got me thinking. how about a quest behind all this clover talk. like a leprecon type guy who wants you to help him find his 4 leaf clover. well it was just a random thought, Confusedhrug: although thats how all really good ideas start. Wink and maybe the leprecon could look like this guy: :bounce:
Hey man!You stole my thought from my mind.Hehe...I just brought the idea.If it will be used then we can make quests too.

P.S:I wonder why no one answers my topics... :|
Not a bad idea at all, horodnicdragos. I love the idea of having vast amounts of custom ambience plants in our mod, which is how I pictured the Roweed would be used for instance. No magical properties, nor worth a cent - just visual 'flair' that enforces the impression that the player isn't in Cyrodiil anymore.

If you use three planes to form the stem - like a threedimensional triangular shape - and use a scanned picture of a clover and put it a plane, the clover would just be four polys. So one could easily have hundreds of them in any given cell. My roweed is a bit denser so it'll probably only grow in clusters here and there, but if you would like to make a 4-poly (or so) clover I don't see why we couldn't plaster entire meadows with it. Smile
Yes, but what about making it a texture... Would that be posible?
Also, what about the concept of having a rare 4 leaf clover that
gives you a luck bonus?
This sounds like a good idea to me! I always pictured parts of Morrowind like ireland, so no climate worries... I think

But yes, we must do a leprechaun easter egg, and when you find his clover? You get enchanted lucky charms :lmao:
Razorwing's right. No other effects. Just a script that increases the luck. And yes in real world such as clovers are hard to find so it has to be well hidden here too. I think I can make the texture. And the model too. Hehe...
Roger the Shrubber: It has to be a physical object if the player is to be able to interact with it in some way, such as finding a rare 4-leaf clover. If the 3-leaf clovers were just texturebased and the 4-leaf modelled I would think the 4-leaf would stand out a lot, and then it wouldn't be very hard to find.

I think the hunt for the 4-leaf clover it's a really cool and original idea :goodjob:
Pages: 1 2 3