Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Shipping Day.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of now, before the end of the day there will be lots of people with copies of Oblivion. I called my EB Games today and they won't have it till Wednesday. Trust me if I knew of a way to slap people over the phone I would have. I'm hoping earlier...but I doubt it. Anyway, the point is I hope you all enjoy it. Forget about this mod for a week or two, and come back enlightened. The lore has probably changed, we just learned from the strategy guide that Morrowind no longer officially supports slavery, which has a significant impact on our mod. I'm sure that's not the only tidbit of information that would impact us, so as you play keep your eyes and ears open for things that might affect Elsweyr.

The moment I feel that I've satisfied myself with a full run of the game, things will really come into motion around here. I'm going to crank up the landmass generator and even without the art I can generate a close approximation of Elsweyr. It'll be extremely green, but we'll have something to start with. In time we can give it sand, jungles, civilizations, and thousands of years of history. We have two talented artists with 3D and 2D experience, two experienced scripters, and a community of people with a vested interest in our project contributing ideas to flesh it out. When we show results, it will attract more people, and once that happens, Elsweyr is as good as done.
I'll have it after school tomorrow. I still don't consider myself a "member" of this team (I told you that, not sure why you put me on the site), but I'll definitely be around to talk about ideas and help with scripting (I suppose that might be enough to qualify as a member). But I do have my own projects I want to work on, and I have interest in another mod (Stabbey the Clown's Imperial Archaeological Commission) that I'd like to help with.

On the other hand, my primary mod goal is a series of "Epic Spellbooks" scattered throughout dungeons in Cyrodiil, to give mages artifacts to hunt for. Ancient tombs in the desert and crumbling temples in the jungle sound like excellent places to put things like that, so after I've got a few in Cyrodiil proper, maybe (if you're interested) I can stick a few in deep dark corners of Elsweyr...
Yeah sorry about that, I made the team page right after you offered your scripting help, and have been busy upgrading it ever since. Last night I screwed up the toolbar in Internet Explorer...but it's a limitation in IE, not my fault. Regardless I have to make up for IE's inadequacies for almost everything I do on the site.
Heh, yeah, IE sucks for website designers. I hate that browser so much. For my planned mod site, I'm thinking I will not support it, because I don't really care if people too lazy to get a real browser can't see it. Just a nice, big window over the whole thing preventing anyone with IE from seeing it.

As far as being listed in the Team page, I don't mind. Just want to make sure everyone else on the team is aware of my status.
Trying to get through the storyline as soon as I can...I really want to start modding but every time I go in the editor I glimpse the landscape or scripting dialogs and don't stay very long, to avoid spoilers.

I'll get on it as soon as I can.
Agreed, same here. I've got about half the recommendations I need to enter the Arcane University, no idea how far that puts me from the top of the Mages' Guild... also just joined the Dark Brotherhood (apparently killing a guard who's attempting to arrest you is murder... whodda thunk it).

Still haven't even gone to Kvatch...
Just to inform you of some of the stuff, I posted Current Events for the Elsweyr Province. Also, it is not really a Confederacy: it's just Elswyer, ever since the Son and Daughter of the neighboring kingdoms married.
Alright I just beat the main quest of Oblivion. I can't really say anything about it except that I have, without spoiling stuff...so I'm going to get to work now.

As far as the confederacy goes, I think a common Khajiit on the street would not say "The Elsweyr Confederacy", just as I would not say "The United States of America", I'd just say America. So I refer to this, specifically 1A and 1B of the first entry.

We were wrong on a few points, the peace was not negotiated by the mane. However there were 16 independent nations within the area, and they formed into two, who have declared peace due to a marriage. That still fits the definition.
Sibling rivalry?

Anyway, I'm only just up to Kvatch. But I'm also level 14 and nearly eligible to enter the Arcane University (need one more rec) - several have pointed out that this game gets much harder as you level up. Many people have done Kvatch at level 1 or so with no problem. Meanwhile, at 14, the thing is nearly impossible - Summon Flame Atronach, blast with spells, run, wait for magick to recharge, repeat. FOR EVERY BATTLE (other than maybe a Scamp). If there's a whole room, I'm in for some serious trouble. You'd think that with 86 Destruction, I'd be able to blow low-level Daedra into orbit. But no, even a Scamp takes three hits - and with this spell and 268 Magicka, I only get five shots before I'm empty. Clannfear takes five, and anything more I stopped counting because I'd be running for my life waiting for Magicka to come back...

Just got through Kvatch.