Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wiki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

OK, this is awesome. I love it. Great work, Bethesda. Brilliant. Anyway, impressions.

Being a scripter, I immediately went straight to the scripting section, and... o god, what is this?! I'm gonna have a lot of learning to do. This Begin/End business is competely incomprehensible to me at the moment. It... well, it looks like it might be useful. I was quite comfortable with the old way, and I'm not sure I really want this, but I imagine once I get the hang of this it will make my life easier. I hope...

A ton of the things that can be set up with the Begin/End business are very useful, having read the list. However, I still don't see an "always" one, and that's worrying me.

Oh, I think you can use Begin/End without any "Blocktype", running the script in all cases. I hope that's right...

EDIT: OK, no, no I cannot. O, dear lord, why?

EDIT2: Ohh... Haha, logical operators are nice. For any interested, Begin GameMode || MenuMode should have the script running constantly. That assumes this works in game. The editor throws no errors.

Can't nest Begin/Ends... I can get around that easily enough, but that's rather indirect...

EDIT: (related to 2 above) If I can use logical operators, it may not matter.
WOW! I didn't notice this. This is awesome!
Wikis and how to threads should be FAQ and even pinned. Suggest you create one on this topic for your team, and also refer them to the Silgrad Tower FAQ for tips on how to make the wiki info work with your creations and the associated projects too!