Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: (II) Umbrella title for all affiliated projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is poll #2, restarted because of the inclusion of a popular sixth alternative which wasn't available to us when the original poll was started.

During the last few days, the team leaders of the affiliated projects in our network have bandied about ideas on which umbrella title we should use when referencing all the projects. Everyone has their favourite, and reaching a consensus in our discussions would have been difficult. Thus we decided to put it to a public vote here on the forum, to see which title is the most popular among the members. Only one title can ultimately win, but at least it'll win fairly.

Who suggested what title, you might wonder. That's a secret. Tongue If you guys knew that you might be biased in your vote, and we do want the best title to win regardless of where it originated.

? The poll will run for seven days, ending on the evening (CET) of March 28th. (if you have the power to change the poll's expiration date... don't.)
? Once a vote is cast, it's cast, and can't be changed.
? Votes are anonymous in the sense that no-one can see what alternative you voted for; the forum database just keeps track of if you've voted in a particular poll or not.
Umm, Razor... theres no poll!
ummmm, sorry, but I was hungry, so I ate it... Blush

But meanwhile there was a question of how to present the names of linked projects - well there you go - linked? Could be misleading.

Maybe we need an article on the Webpage describing the current setup and levels of co-operation, sharing etc once this poll is decided.

Thought of other names - if the Skyrim, Argonain and other projects eventually outweigh the Morrowind project, then maybe 'Cyrodiil and Beyond' is longer term (which would include Ob, and whatever.)

Or: 'Cyrodiil and Empire' which is what the majority of content revolves around?

Heh, is: 'Cyrodiil, Empire and Beyond' too much?

aaaargh, raggidman's brain cell overheats and he melts back into the nice cool shadows...
*whistles innocently*
beyond cyrodil isl the best option imho.

explanation not involving the word "gay":
Beyond Cyrodiil's Boundaries -- too long, esentaily the same as Beyond cyrodil
The Outer Lands -- they arent all that outer....
Dawn of the Empire - dawn? its not like your duing something cmpleatly new... and the 3rd era aint exactly a dawn
The Empire -- implies you are remaking the entire empire, wich is inacurate
The Lands Revealed -- kinda good.... however not specific enough in terms of "lands" and sounds kinda cheasy
Aren't they all "Outer Lands" from the Cyrodiil Province's perspective, LN?
I perfer the "Outer Land's" just becuase that is what Morrowind and the NE area of Tamriel mostly are. Morrowind has mostly been it's own place even though the Empire tried to come in and take comtrol. Sure they got their presense there, but not much control, so the term the "outer lands" seems appropriate.

Though, "Beyond Cyrodiil" does come in a close second, but it seems more of a collaboration of all the providences outside Cyrodiil, otherwise known as Tamriel Rebuilt. Cool
"Beyond Cyrodiil" is my personal favorite. Just sounds the best, I guess.
true rw.. but i gues i view "outer" as WAY outer. like akvir and thras outer...

and tamriel rebuilt is the best name evah Tongue
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar
true rw.. but I gues I view "outer" as WAY outer. like akvir and thras outer...

and Tamriel rebuilt is the best name evah Tongue

Hehe. In theory maybe, but there's a reason none of the alternatives that were chosen had the word 'Tamriel' in them.
Pages: 1 2 3