Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Reich Parkeep Claims Board -Readme-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[title]Modder's Abbreviation[/title]
Whenever you're modding for Silgrad Tower and add your own entries in the Construction Set you must start the name of the entry with your "modder abbreviation". The list of modder abbreviations is maintained by Quentin Fortune, and he's the guy to ask for an abbreviation of your own if you don't already have one. A good place to ask for one is in this thread:
Modders' abbrevations

It might not make sense to you right now, but from our experience of working on the old TES3 mod using and adhering to this system is crucial when our mod grows to hold thousands of entries from many dozen modders. With everyone using their abbreviation it'll be quick and easy for you to locate your stuff that's been added to the main mod whenever you want to use it again.

[title]Playtesting[/title]

You can use the 'coc' console command to check out your cell in-game even if it doesn't have teleportation set up to the outside. Just press the "tilde" key on your keyboard, up and to the left of the tab key, to bring up the console. Then write the following and hit return:
coc yourcellname

? Wrye's informative article on the problem
? ESF Discussion where the problem is being discussed

[title]No rumors[/title]

It's always a good idea to tick the "No Rumors" checkbox on your NPC's data sheet since we don't use that topic, and leaving it in just makes your NPC spurt comments about Cyrodiil that either seem odd or breaks the voice acting plans or both.

[title]A note about literature[/title]

Posted by raggidman:
For assistance with background history in the early stages of your work/s once you have made a claim, post a thread in Lit Dev and I will take it from there to the privacy of Editors Corner and thence post suggestions as appropriate. In this way we might develope 'go to' key people in the Province who are linked into several quests and events - which should be a powerful immersive factor if done well. Remember how people came to love Caius...well there will surely be other characters that we create, of whom we will grow fond, and this process cas help identify them. They can be used for various purposes as appropriate.

[title]Open Claims[/title]

In every open claim entry I've noted which exterior model is used as well as it's rotation. Houses usually comes in pairs, one exterior and one interior, and are listed together in the Construction Set. You should of course use the interior model that corresponds with the exterior. The rotation I'm referring to is which degree you should rotate the NorthMarker static to keep the player's bearing as he moves into your house.

You pick a claim here by replying to an open claims thread. You shouldn't have more than five unfinished claims at any one time in my opinion. There's rarely any deadline associated with a claim. Instead you can mod it at your discretion and turn it in when you're satisfied with it, at which point it will be reviewed.

When you submit a large plugin, please zip it using 7-zip which is the best free compression program in the world. If your plugin doesn't have any additional files but is just the .esp (which by no means is a bad thing), you can attach the .esp as it is. 7-zip would still make it smaller, it's just that the scale of the sizes of bare .esp's means it doesn't matter as much.
If the plugin is really large you can just email it to me at razorwing[(@)]silgrad.com and then fill out the form as normal, but please do mention in your post that it's in my email. I don't check it that often.

At any time during the modding process are other members most welcome to check out work-in-progress plugins you might post and give their feedback on it. Smile Especially if it has playable content like a dungeon or a quest.

You don't have to assign ownership to every single item, as was the case with TES3. Instead just assign an owner to your cell, and he or she will own everything in it automatically. If you assign a faction as the owner then all the faction members will own the property communally.

- Don't forget to add path grids to your interior, they are very important!

[title]Beyond the claims lists[/title]

You are most welcome to mod caves, grottos (submerged caves), mines, daedric shrines, and other general places on your own accord, which we can then add to our wilderness when that time comes. Just keep a thought in the back of your head that you're modding in the Morrowind Province -- for example there are no Ayelid ruins in this province, to take one of several examples that would break immersion if they made it into our mod.

[title]Worldspaces[/title]

Reich Parkeep uses three worldspaces. "NID" is the North Imperial District, "SID" the South I. D., and "REAL" is the Redoran District. The Redoran District envelopes both of the Imperial Districts, which is why you'll find mockups of the two I. D.'s in the "REAL" worldspace. The only function of the mockups is to make it seem to the player that there are houses inside the walls on the hills. So if you're modding a home in the North Imperial District the exit should be in "NID", not in "REAL". Smile

[title]Categories in the Construction Set lists[/title]

I only list categories that were in the mod when I wrote this. If you want to bring in an asset from a category not listed, just use your judgement. A Hlaalu candle? StLightHla. A Telvanni tower? StExTel. And so on.

Not everything belongs to a category; this isn't by far a be-all end-all replacement for modder abbreviations. Just stuff that is easily categorized *and* likely to be of use to others. For instance, my funny little sidething with the clothesline in the Imperial District is both hard to place and unlikely to be used by anyone else, so there's no need to create for instance a StStaticMisc category for those items. The plaques I created for instance are unique, and so will never be used by anyone, so it makes sense to place items like that under my personal abbreviation - no need for me to clutter the category listing with stuff you can't use, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Categories in the Static>ST list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION NOTES
(StEx) (everything typically only used in exteriors) (not used alone)
StExCom - Not bound by any culture.
StExDun - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture.
StExInd - Dunmer culture, Indoril subculture.
StExRed - Dunmer culture, Redoran subculture.
StExImp - Imperial.
StExVel - Dunmer culture, Velothi subculture.

(StIn) (everything typically only used in interiors) (not used alone)
StInCom - Not bound by any culture.
StInDun - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture.
StInRed - Dunmer culture, Redoran subculture.
StInImp - Imperial.
StExVel - Dunmer culture, Velothi subculture.

(StFurn) (furniture and similar, used both for ex and in) (not used alone)
StFurnCom - Not bound by any culture.
StFurnDun - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture, no particular class.
StFurnDunPoor - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture, poor class-belonging.
StFurnDunRich - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture, wealthy class-belonging.

(StStatic) (objects that are otherwise NOT supposed to be static) (not used alone)
StStaticFlora Ambience plants, non-animated trees, etc. without ingr.
StStaticDoorRed Two static doors that lack collision. They were set up to avoid confusion with collision-box doors.

(StStatue) (all statues.) (not used alone)
StStatuePrometh.. - Statues made by Prometheus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Categories in the Light>ST list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(StLight) (all lights that *are* lights, unlike J Quinn's weapons for instance)
StLightDun - Dunmer culture, so particular subculture.
StLightImp - Dunmer culture, Velothi subculture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Categories in the Flora>ST list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

StFlora - Every flora that doesn't belong elsewhere.
StFloraBiCo - These plants MUST only be used in a Bitter Coast environment. Reich Parkeep isn't situated in a Bitter Coast environment, so they are and should be unused for now.
StFloraFarm - Although not unusual in the wild, these flora are typically found cultivated and yield foodstuffs or other valued commodities. Comberry isn't edible for instance but is used to make wine and distill liquor, or create healing potions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Categories in the Ingredient>ST list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

StIngr (all ingredients) (not used alone)
StIngrFlora Ingredients that can be picked from flora containers.
StIngrMisc Misc items with alchemical properties, like the candy canes. Typically man-made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Categories in the Door>ST list.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

StDoor (doors) (not used alone)
StDoorInd Indoril doors.
StDoorRed Redoran doors.
StDoorVel Velothi doors.
Remember, it can be a good practice to set up custom-modelled doors as static objects rather than doors, since that lets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lists that aren't brought up above, like Weapons, Misc Items, etc don't have categories. That might change in the future depending on whether those lists need organizing.

~~~~~~~~~~
Other notes.
~~~~~~~~~~

If you add your own assets to the mod, please aim to place them in the existing ST folders whenever possible. This gives a really good overview of the assets we have at our disposal. For instance, if Joe is making a model of a rowboat he first checks the ST folder to see if there are pre-existing textures he can use, and if he does, he uses it - but if there's an appropriate texture asset in our mod located somewhere else, he'll most likely not find it. So, having all of them in the ST folders means it's easier for those creating new models but also cuts down time spent on searching for new textures and lessens the risk of adding a duplicate texture.

But I used the word aim because it's not an absolute rule, as you can see with for instance the bamboo armor. It just doesn't always make sense to spend a lot of time with NifSkope and change a lot of stuff in the mod (because the folder for the nifs was changed). Especially not with the bamboo armor because it's meant to be a temporary placeholder until we have a proper set of bonemold, so that when we do have a proper set, the bamboo armor assets will be easy to remove.

Use your discretion. I would say that putting the textures in the ST folder becomes more important depending on how useful the textures would be in future modelling projects. But if you're making a new model you should of course please always use the ST folders no matter what.

If your assets are primarily intended for use with the Skyrim or Blacklight mod, other rules apply altogether. Please contact Siegfried (Skyrim) or Rodan a.k.a. Thorp (Blacklight) for more details concerning that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miscellanous info for modders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Pathspears-
There are two sets of pathspears in the mod. Don't use the set with "DONTUSE" in the ID. They are older pathspears which I'll replace with the new ones in due time. Unlike the old ones, the proper pathspears both work on a snap-to-grid system if that's wanted as well as the ropes lining up properly. The old ones look whacky because you have to tilt them to make the ropes line up, which makes the angle of the hanging rope look like it's defying gravity.

Use #3 if you're ending a series of pathspears. #4 is intended for sundry use unrelated to pathspears.

Pathspears btw is the "poor man's fence" used primarily on roads. Bethesda used them all the time in TES3. The practicality of them is to keep players from getting lost, as he can see from the pathspears where the road is leading. Sadly they have little practical use in TES4, as the player can fast-travel anywhere, but that doesn't mean we can't use them for flair and nostaliga. Personally I've used them now and then in gardens and mini-farms in Reich Parkeep. They aren't really tied to any culture as such - they're really just poles with ropes - but because of their use along Vvardenfell's roads one can say that they are things more preferred by Dunmer than by Imperial invaders.

-Rugs-
Looking to furnish your home? There's a test cell called "StRwRugsAhPlenty" you can check out to see all the rugs at the same time without having to drag-delete, drag-delete, drag-delete etc until you find the one you like.

There's a slight problem with many of the rugs, which causes graphical glitches if you place them excactly on top of another surface. To use them, drag them into the world, drop them (F), doubleclick them, and hit the up arrow in the "Position > Z" value box once. Then they work.

Rug 1-5 are Dunmer-style, Rug 6-29 Imperial-style. Rug 1-3 are poor, 4-5 rich, 6-29... well, you decide. It's not extremely important, especially seeing as there are so few Dunmer rugs.
Rug 2 has a Redoran symbol on it though, so be sure to only use it in Dunmer Redoran locations.
Quite a few of the rugs could also be used as wall hangings, if you like. Be sure to make it seem like they are pinned with, or hanging from, something.

-Tapestries-
Again, there's a gallery cell, "StRwTapestriesAhPlenty".
If the numbers of the CS entries look out of synch it's because they are set up to correspond with NIFs and textures, which doesn't follow the Dun / DunPoor / DunRich system, in case you thought something was missing.
I suggest that you use "StFurnDunTapestry01" judiciously whenever you have a chance. It has the symbol of the Morrowind Province on it.

-Willow Flower-
There are two sets of the flower. The set labeled "hi" have many more polys than the set labeled "lo". "lo" should be used in exteriors, for FPS reasons.

-Dandelion-
There's just one Dandelion model, but because plants can only yield one ingredient and there are two for the Dandelion, I duplicated it.

-Hermit's Crook-
Apart from the cemetary in Reich Parkeep, Hermit's Crook are only found growing near cave entrances.

-StRwDoorActivatorCIV4FIX-
This is the CS door object (in the main Door list, not Door>ST) that sets up teleportation between cells when using custom door models that don't have collision. You'll use it plenty when modding with custom buildings.

-NPCs-
You might notice that I personally use ID's like "StRwNPC". That's not a category, it's just my way of organizing my NPC entries so they are easy for me to find in the scrolling lists. You can ID your NPCs however you like, withing the modder abbreviation system.

black[/hr]

If you have any questions feel free to post them here. =)
is the Redoran section Soluthis and the Imperial fort on the two hills Reoch Parkeep?
KuKulzA: Yes, I think I'm going with that idea. It's a quaint detail for those players who know about the concept map for TES III: Morrowind. But it's not something that would be played into a lot, I think. In most cases the whole town would just be referred to as Reich Parkeep.
I would think the Redoran would patriotically and defiantly call it Soluthis still and the Imperials and other nwah call it Reich Parkeep
Hard to change a Redoran mind on any subject. Maybe at the start of the mod most will call it Reich, but that will change if the Redoran come to trust you, or if there is a 'revolution' such as the proposed war on Vvardenfell might produce.

Seems that this is more a Lore than a claim question, and there are 2 kinds of Lore to be considered - 'Given' Lore and our 'Created' Lore.

Do we need to consider which is the most comfortable arrangement: to keep the two kinds separate; put them in the same forum; or mix them in a casual fashion with clear distinction between different sources?
Posted 27.03.2006 17:05:
Respectfully raggidman, I think you might be overthinking the Soluthis/Reich Parkeep title idea a bit. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it isn't. It's just to elaborate to mod something like that given it's limited potential benefit for players. The Dunmer can call it Soluthis, others Reich Parkeep, and maybe we'll have a few dialogue lines and/or a book explaining why.

black[/HR]

Posted 09.04.2006 03:29:
Bump. It totally slipped my mind to mention our system of "Modder's Abbreviation" until now. I apologize for the inconvenience but if you're working on a claim at the moment it would be great if you could get an abbreviation and name your new items after the system... thanks!

black[/HR]

Posted 05.06.2006 04:02:
I updated the initial post with information about the catogories I set up in the CS lists, and some other sundry info that is good to know when modding a plugin dependant on the Reich_Parkeep.esm. Check out the attached txt for an easier-to-read version of that text.
With the release of the 9.1 update pack, these interior claims have been unlocked:

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Was already claimed in advance by noremorse.
Yes, but it's still unlocked.