Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: will this PC work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the XPS 200 is what I am planning on getting now

the lowest priced one has a Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator 950
the highest priced one has a 128MB PCI Express? x16 ATI Radeon? X600 SE
my budget is at $1500 ....and if I take the lowest one called "performance" version... I can also upgrade it to 128MB PCI Express? x16 ATI Radeon? X600 SE with a cost of $80....
I hope that I do not exceed $1100

...any advice?
My memory tells me that the min requirements on the box say:

512 ram
2ghz P IV
128 D3D DX9
8 * DVD
4-6 gb mem
DX 8.1 sound

rec spec is:
3ghz P IV
1Gb ram
ATI x800 or NVidia 6800

also:ATI XI900 XI800 XI600 XI300 or were they x/900 etc spose you know which is correct spelling...

X850 X800 X700 X60

NV GF 6000 GFFX SERIES

-------------------
You tell me which combination will work best in practice. The basic question is the nature and speed of the XPS 200 (whatever that is?)

And what combination did the guys and girls who worked on it use??? The Dev's comps will be the best.

Hey, Greeeaaaat avatar!
ATI x800 and ATI Radeon? X600
sp I don't have minimum requirements?
It works for me.And I have a verry crappy computer.

Overclocked video crad...hehe....but I am not able to play it.I'm gonna buy a new computer this summer.So I am watching for a cool configuration. Big Grin
It looks like it will run it to me.

I bought all of my new parts for my computer for almost 900 dollars. Get a hardrive, a case, and XP with that and it'll run you about $1150.

AMD Athlon 64bit Manchester 3800+ Dual Core (at 2.0 ghz)
+Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
+eVGA Nvidia GeForce 7800 256mb
+Corsair XMS Ram 1gb

= $800
I think the X60 is a typo on the Eng release box, and is supposed to be X600 so it looks like you are ahead of the game with your suggested setup. But ask the others ... they have the game. I'm merely an armchair Oblivionist. Sad
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Oblivionist. Sad
Big Grin
I am running AMD 3700+, X850, 1 gig ram at 1280x1024 with occasional CTD after every few hours playing.
Welcome to Silgrad Tower, Caduceus!
:wave:

How's it running for you at that high of a resolution? I can run mine higher indoors, but even when I'm outside it bogs down quite a bit at 800x600 with everything else up.

I've gotten many CTD's lately. I'm sure it's not the hardware though.