Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: general professions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea concerning all the projects of ST: Oblivion, and that is...general professions. In other words, some professions that aren't directly connceted to adventuring, like for example fisherman, farmer, tanner etc. I got this idea from TES III Vivec, where there few these kind of guilds in some of the cantons (don't remember exactly which one). I mean, this idea could add more RPGish feeling to the game, couldn't it? Big Grin
Well, most people in this game have tangible jobs? Modding fishermen or farmers shouldn't be too hard.
I am not sure how to interpret your answer, but it is still a good answer :goodjob: Oh and, I hope this doesn't get me banned, but...dom som bor i Finland ?r b?ttre ?n dom som bor i Sverige (guess where I am from. Hint: not Sweden). Sorry, couldn't resist Big Grin
One of the things that annoyed Reena and me most while playing Morrowind was the obvious lack of craftsmen and so for Silgrad TES III we created - to name just a few

carpenter, potter, candlemaker, weaver, ropemaker, shoemaker ...

and I think that these NPCs and others of their profession should find their way back. It wouldn't be very logical not to have those around who make all the stuff everybody's using.

So ... :goodjob: from me.

Greetings

Quentin
I seem to remember a recent thread on the question of a traders guild, but I had always thought (perhaps incorrectly) that the Vivec Guildhalls would include the craftsmen.

What you might think in terms of are 'cottage industries.' The sort of thing that the mainly Scottish controlled New Labour leadership has been wiping out in Scotland Sad Yet qanother trajedy that will get blamed on England.

It might be that various inhabitants of Morrowind were engaged in such activities, but that you just never saw them at work with their tools out - pun not intended. The end result being that you assumed that they had no trade or profession. Now to change that all that is needed is to place the tools of each trade in various homes. And you might have a list in the trader's hall, wherever that is.

But remember that the numbers that we see in ES are very low to support any in depth industry plus the sophisticated stuff that is going on. During the height of the roman Empire Rome was a City of over 1 and a half millions...