Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Red Mountain's environmental conditions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will it have a little vegetation, as it's been several years since the events that happened there? Or will it still be ash?

On a side note, I can't wait to see Red Mountain from the coastline of Vvardenfell (with the huge view distance, of course).
I think Red Mountain is a huge active volcano regardless of the 6th house, so it should still be ash. If you look at the map of Vvardenfell from Arena, which took place way before the whole 6th house / neravarine story, almost the whole island was ash and rock.
Maybe a tree or two, but it will still be ash.. Just like most part of the Ashlands.
in six years? I think maybe in 50000 years....
but I agree that on the edges of ashlands some lush plantlife should be beginning to grow
All the ash on it is probably still contaminated by the blight (it's been accumulating since the first era), so maybe there's a small chance of catching the blight if you walk there with no shoes or boots on. Not sure WHY you'd want to walk without them, but...
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
but I agree that on the edges of ashlands some lush plantlife should be beginning to grow

Very good idea. This could be symbolic for the new growth in Morrowind for players that don't follow dates, and perhaps don't know the Morrowind story that well.
Maybe Red Mountain should erupt at some point during one of the main quests for some random reason? Or maybe it'll be better off if it didn't...
I suggest making a less sized area covered in ash, it may be something typicly morrowind, but I really, really thouhgt the ash area was so big it became boring, we could also lighten the ash a bit in the way more vegatation is starting to grow, and it'll be a bit more interesting to walk in...

can the sand storms be left out too? they sucked
I liked the ash storms, except for when it sometimes lagged me. But I don't think weather lags too much in Oblivion.

Ash in some areas (especially Red Mountain) is probably still contaminated by the blight, making vegetation likely impossible in those areas (unless they got corprus and were cured of it Tongue).
Hmm... it would be really cool to witness an eruption ingame at some point. If the distant LOD can have particle effects and enabling/disabling activators, then it could be done. And if not, then I could go annoy Bethesda to make it possible.
Pages: 1 2