Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dragos's flower
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry guys for missing these days.My internet connection was broken but now I finally got it repaired.Anyways.I made a flower and I dunno what colour should it be?Anyone is free to vote. Big Grin
The Rules of the Raven

Moved to visual development.
Damn.I wanted to post it there but I thought it wasn't that important.Anyways...any suggestions?
Hey,

I like it - good job :goodjob:
could you render it against a lighter background? Also, whats the polly count on that?

Anyway - good work m8
Nice work there horodnicdragos. :goodjob:
If you texture it and export the .obj and .mtl I'll be happy to include it in the next alpha release of Reich Parkeep. Smile
Sure....so...I let it purple? Smile

It's about 260 poly. 256x256 textures. Big Grin
Sure, why not. Smile
One thing though, opacity maps doesn't work with the Civ4 exporter.
There are no opacity maps.A grey alpha map results a 50% transparent one.

Edit:Lol..I forgot to post this:
Okidoki, let me rephrase and expand. Smile

- Only color textures (also known as 'diffuse' maps) can be used with the exporter. No alpha/opacity, bump, specular, normal, parallax, or anything else. If we had had a proper exporter then they would work perfectly, but right now it's just not possible to have - say - a plane-based leaf with an opacity effect. The part of the texture that is supposed to be transparant just comes out black. By all means keep a version of the model with opacity maps around until there's a real exporter, but in the meantime we would need an untransparant texture to see it in Oblivion.

- All textures have to be sized to a power of 2. 128x128, 64x64, 512x32 et cetera. If it won't fit completely into a canvas that is a power of 2 you can just leave the leftover space black and I can set up the mapping to use a cropped selection of the texture. As far as I know, texture files that aren't sized to a power of 2 won't show up in the game at all, since the game doesn't know how to process them.

- All textures should be in the .DDS format. The "DDS Convertor" program can work, for converting files that already exist. But so can the "DDS plugin" for Photoshop and Paintshop Pro (it works with both programs), which makes it easier to work with DDS textures on the fly.
Hmmm....that's why my snowdrop looked weired.This will be just a plus of polys that means slower renders.So...I don't like this idea.No alpha textures.I am very sure that bethesda used alpha textures.They should post the exporter on their site.As I know bmp are supported too.The worse thing is that blender does not support DDS.Only bmps.I hope there will be a better version.However I am keeping my models in an archive.So if this theard gets lost or something like that anyone can have the models from me. Big Grin And remember.Hope and it will happen. Wink
Pages: 1 2