Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Plagues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of a new "locust" weather type, and then it hit me. We should not have traps as obvious as the Ayleid traps in the desert. They should go off but they should be much less obvious, they should manifest slowly. Like, you take an artifact of great power, and mummies continually wake you in your sleep until you put it back or cleanse the weapon (somehow). These sorts of things (locusts, etc) would be the "traps" of the dungeons in the desert.

However in the jungle there will still be "obvious" traps, poison darts, etc. What do you guys think?
I think it would be safe to include a bit of both.
There could be some NPC who has knowledge of curses and works with old artifacs. He could remove curses for certain amount of gold. If you had cursed weapon and no money you'd either stand the curse or let the weapon go. I dont know if curse should be eternal until removed?

This NPC could also provide some "relic hunter" type quests to get some cursed artifact from ancient pyramid and so on? Item could be cursed so tough that getting that quest item and not returning him to NPC would get you killed after a while. So you couldnt that way just take quest and keep the quest item yourself. Ofcourse he'd reward you getting the item to him (and since he was able to work with curses it would be logical him being able to deal with this cursed artifact, any you not)
Quote:Originally posted by Arsonide
I was thinking of a new "locust" weather type, and then it hit me. We should not have traps as obvious as the Ayleid traps in the desert. They should go off but they should be much less obvious, they should manifest slowly. Like, you take an artifact of great power, and mummies continually wake you in your sleep until you put it back or cleanse the weapon (somehow). These sorts of things (locusts, etc) would be the "traps" of the dungeons in the desert.

However in the jungle there will still be "obvious" traps, poison darts, etc. What do you guys think?

I dont know if this is possible, but maybe for a trap water pours in Big Grin and the room closes off, IF this is possible, and IF you can change te color of water, you make it look like sand? I dont know its just a thought.

EDIT: about the NPC I dont think it should cost TOO much gold, but there should be a quest that is challenging, maybe just some gold for his words.
You could have the player fall through a hole into some water.
In a desert? Okay in the jungle, but no water in the desert.