Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Will this mod use scaling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will this mod use item and dungeon level scaling? I hope not, I like it static like it was in morrowind.

What is the general consensus about scaling among modders adding new land masses?

Thanks
I think monster scaling should be used in all landmasses. Otherwise a level 40 player who's been having a tough time in Cyrodiil would end up effortlessly beating everything Vvardenfell could throw at them because suddenly nothing was scaled any more. Because Bethesda did it, modders are basically fated to do it too to avoid unbalancing the game.

Item scaling is another matter, it should probably be more up to each dungeon's designer.
monster scaling should be done. Item scaling no. And yes, im actually posting for once Wink
Please don't put Oblivions crappy scaling system in! Atleast make it so the monsters have level caps and we don't see level 666 rats:boo:
I say keep it.

Except use it differently. After say, level 20, mudcrabs stay at level 15 even when you get to level 40.

While creatures like Daedra and Ogres still level up

This makes it so the creatures that should fall easily below a god character do so, and the almost mini-boss creatures stay a challenge

Also this makes it so dungeon creatures are tougher then outside creatures
The creature's levels aren't scaled, just the creatures that appear. Bandits, however, are scaled.
creatures will only be scaled to a certain point to retain realism...
but remember, Vvardenfell is a harsh land with harsh wildlife... and most of the wildlife is not yet afraid of humans and not hunted to near extinction... these creatures are tough in the first place
So items won't be scaled? Good.

Is there any way you can work in "oh, crap!!!" (enemies at a higher level than you) moments into the scaling system? It would be cool if some enemies are at lower levels than you, some are the same, and some are higher.

I still think it would be realer and more fun to have everything static. As you go out into the wilderness it would get harder. If you were very far away from civilization enemies could be near level 100. If you are by a town enemies could be near level 1.
we are trying to keep realism, but keep a small bit of scaling to keep the fun for a longer time before you go out for new challenges... with the scaling system, you don't need to leave one dungeon, but with our system you need to travel tomore dangerous places

just remember, Vvardenfell is already pretty dangerous outside of the large towns
Sounds cool. Looking forward to the mod.
Pages: 1 2