Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc14 "Garreth Manor"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
rpc14 "Garreth Manor"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle01, rotation: -105)

Freeform description of this claim:
Home of the upper-middle class Marcellus Garreth (imp/m), who is a Knight Errant in the Imperial Legion. He should probably spend most of his days roaming the countryside and upholding the law, but that's open to debate. Optionally he can have a wife, children or other family members but no more than six total NPCs. What he/they do during the day is up to you to decide.

Marcellus is a member of the "Talos Cult", an Imperial Legion brotherhood that reveres Tiber Septim (the forefather of the recently assassinated Emperor Uriel Septim; Tiber was the man who united the Provinces under Imperial rule four hundred years ago). Tiber Septim was born on the continent of Atmora with the name 'Talos'. When he became Emperor of Tamriel, he took a Cyrodilic name -- Tiber Septim, the Dragon of the North. There's nothing wrong with revering Tiber Septim, however, the Cult doesn't stop at that. They conspired to murder Uriel Septim, who they percieve as being weak, to put a strong Emperor back on the throne. The Talos Cult was featured in an Imperial Legion quest in Gnisis, and their local headquarter was situated in the barracks' basement. With the Emperor now dead, it's likely that the Cult has reverted to peacefully admire Tiber Septim and be inspired by his example... but there is also a great vehicle here for a quest that sees the Talos Cult cause problems in town, such as murdering other Imperials they feel weaken the Empire. Your choice.

At the end of this post is a screenshot of how this NPCs looked in our old mod; mimicing his facial appearance would add greatly to the depth and historical sense of our mod.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
New here! Abbreviation should be TS. I'll take this since it appears no one else has yet. Question: I don't see a 'Talos Cult" Faction under the factions tab. If I have missed it, whats the editor ID. If I haven't should I create one?
Granted :check:

No, the "Talos Cult" was only a (very minor, unjoinable) faction in TES3; it doesn't exist in TES4, so if you want to feature it you'll have to create it. It shouldn't be a joinable faction btw.
Just to let you know, Gareth's Manor is done, as is Gareth. I tried to make him like your description, but he is also kind of an old drunk. I obviously haven't had time to make sure his schedule is perfect, but it seems to work. The ESP is here.

[MOD=Razorwing]I attached a copy of the .esp to your post. How come you didn't attach it?[/MOD]
I am downloading it now.

I'll reply later today.
It's looking good, tombofsoldier. You made a very original choice of bedroom for him, kudos on that - it gave me the impression that he doesn't want to be caught off-guard if anyone breaks in. :goodjob:

Here are some notes from me.

- the character's last name is spelled Garreth.
- all chests that have contents in them should be locked.
- the bookshelf on the middle level is too empty. I would suggest that you add some random clutter to it.
- he has a kennel (dog cage), but no dog?
- maybe add a rug or two on the bottom level? For instance "Static > Clutter > MiddleClassRugCircle01" or something like that.
- there's no lock on the door to the basement. I think there should be, so that it's illegal for the player to go down there.
- could you provide two dialogue lines; posting them here would work perfectly. One where he says who he is (along the lines of "Hello there, I am..."), the other what he thinks of the town he's living in. I can then add them after your plugin is merged.
During loading there was and error. Look at the screenshot.

The basement.

The barrels are bleeding (stuck into) the floor (look at the screenshot of a cupboard that's bleeding into the floor).
Clutter it a bit more. Perhaps a sack or a few bottles.

Groundfloor.

WeapSteelBow, lower it a little bit so the bow is really hanging on the hook.The HandScythe01 is floating a little bit.
At the table the Venison, Carrot and the apple are floating a bit. Same applies for the plate, knife, fork, wedge of cheese, the cup and the pitcher. MiddlePaintingForest01b is bleeding (to much) into the wall.

First floor.

The SteelGreaves are floating. The ArmorDumby is bleeding into the practice mat. So move the mat or the dummy a bit.

Nice job with the ChainDoll01. This a good example of intentional bleeding. :goodjob:
The ShieldBronze/DeerHead01 is bleeding into the wall (a bit to much).
The Oar01 near the landing is floating. The Pickaxe is floating.The same applies for the repairhammer and the skull.
The CupboardFoodMiddleDrinks is bleeding into the floor.

I like the cooking pot :yes:.

Replace the flamenode for example with ActivatorFlameNode4 (gives a nicer sound of a burning fire).

The MiddleBookshelf02 is bleeding into the floor.The MiddleBookshelf04 is bleeding into the floor. A few books are floating.
The LowerPainting01, bleed the nail further into the wall until the frame (bottom) hits the wall.
The WeapSteelMace is floating.
The WeaponRackWide01 is bleeding into the floor.
The WeapSteelClaymore nice placement Smile.

The MiddleBookshelf04. A few books are floating.The drawerClutterMiddle02 is bleeding into the floor.

Second floor.
The barrel and the barrelholder are bleeding into the floor.
I get the impression you press to often "F".
Two bottles are floating.
The lockpick and the quil are floating.

For the next interior try to start at x,y,z 0,0,0.
Place a Northmarker (static) and set the rotation to 105.
The doormarker(floating) in Reich Parkeep. Place it on the step or in front of it.

Pathgrid seems ok. I didn't test it (*).

Put a loaf of bread in Garreth's inventory (count -1).
Check your AI packages. I didn't test (*) them. Look at the screenshot. This location seems not ok. I think that's why you get the error during loading the CS.

Change the name of the cell to "ReichParkeep14".

It seems a lot, but these are all minor things that can be fixed easily.
Decorate a bit more and you are almost finished.
Overall it's a good interior. I am looking forward to the next release.

(*) I'll test them in the pre-final version.
Fixed a lot of the little stuff.
As for the the dialouge, Im hoping someone will voice act it, as I think you could get a little better idea of who he is, I.E. usually at least slightly drunk.

"Hiya, my name, is, a. Marcellus Garreth, thats it."
"This town? This town is ok I guess, not enought to drink though."

http://www.rapidsharing.com/f6154cb0d4b8...98ecf8427e
I'll check it later today.

EDIT
I can't retrieve your file via the "link"
Can you attach it to your post ?

Thanks.
I can't retrieve your file via the afore mentioned "link"
Can you attach it to your post ?
Pages: 1 2 3