Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc05 "Vaniken R'i's' Provisions"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Claim code (reference):
rpc05 "Vaniken R'i's' Provisions"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle03, rotation: 34)

Freeform description of this claim:
As some may know, Reich Parkeep was a town the player could visit in The Elder Scrolls I: Arena and we've taken the name of this store from that game - so you're actually modding a lore-based location, albeit Arena was such a different game that the lore means very little apart from that it's called 'Vaniken R'i's Provisions' and is a shop.

Vaniken R'i also has a house, which is a separate claim. /has now been modded.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
I would like to give the ole shop a shot. I think a nice small interior would be a good place get all of my CS kinks worked out. Do you know if there is any lore surrounding the Vanikien R'is? His race, if he's a he or a she (I'm assuming he), if he's even still alive or if a decendent runs the shop. Or do I get creative reign over it?

I'll do a bit of searching to see if I can dig anything up until I hear a response. Thanks! :goodjob:
Granted :check:

I don't think there's any lore around the proprietor. Arena was a very much different and simplistic game. But all ES games have occured during a relatively brief period of time, so there's every reason to suspect Vaniken is still alive. His last name is peculiar indeed - I don't think they had given much thought to NPC names back in -94. If you want you could say that he's from Akavir and give him a sortof east asian look? That could explain the strange name Big Grin But if not, any human or elf race would work I think.
I just started work on this cell and am just a bit curious as to why the building chosen for it is the one with the forge. I'm not making Vaniken into any sort of blacksmith, so I'm not sure what to do with this.....

Any suggestions?
I'll be happy to switch the exterior house model to any other Cheydinhal house you'd rather prefer to have for the location. =)
I think CheydinhalHouseMiddle05 would be better. Almost the same layout, minus the forge.

Thanks! :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
...snip...

I don't think there's any lore around the proprietor. Arena was a very much different and simplistic game. But all ES games have occured during a relatively brief period of time, so there's every reason to suspect Vaniken is still alive. His last name is peculiar indeed - I don't think they had given much thought to NPC names back in -94. If you want you could say that he's from Akavir and give him a sortof east asian look? That could explain the strange name Big Grin But if not, any human or elf race would work I think.

'Ri' makes me think Akaviri too... could he or his ancestors have some connection with one of their invasions? That might be a fine quest starting point if anyone could model Akaviri 'relics' or objects both for the property and at another location that such a quest might lead to. Seems I am again reminded of stories in Morrowind concerning a nefarious Akaviri Chancellor who became Emperor through a series of betrayals and assassinations... hint

shunoshi, you're welcome to post screenies of this fascinating property and intriguing owner in Lit Dev, and I would like to keep tabs on your progress ...

Big Grin kindly forgive this foolish and unworthy ancient warrior for asking... Wink
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
shunoshi, you're welcome to post screenies of this fascinating property and intriguing owner in Lit Dev, and I would like to keep tabs on your progress ...

Big Grin kindly forgive this foolish and unworthy ancient warrior for asking... Wink

Well, his home has been posted on the Lit Forum. Vaniken is the wine maker. This is his shop. I do like the Akaviri ideas (I did give him as much of an Asian look as I could muster. The NPC editor isn't all that powerful).

I'll post a pic of him when I get home from work tonight.
Here's that picture of Vaniken.

[Image: vaniken.jpg]
That is purrfect.

The turned down, grimness of the surprisingly soft mouth accented with what looks almost like it could be the slash of a scar accross the left corner of his mouth sez that this is a man with a lot of history, to whom the finer things of life are not necessarily strangers.

And his eyes have a kind of cat-like ruthlessness to them, hiding a surprising empathy. A man of contradictions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6