Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc06 "Elite Gear Store"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Claim code (reference):
rpc06 "Elite Gear Store"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle04, rotation: 70)

Freeform description of this claim:
As some may know, Reich Parkeep was a town the player could visit in The Elder Scrolls I: Arena and we've taken the name of this store from that game - so you're actually modding a lore-based location, albeit Arena was such a different game that the lore means very little apart from that it's called 'Elite Gear Store' and is a shop. But going by the name, one might suspect the store carries high-quality weapons and armor.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Can I give this one a shot?
Granted :check:
Ok, the interior model you wanted me to use RW had a bunch of extra space in it, so I figured the owner must live there, and I needed a way to fill up the extra space. I've got the owner and his family done and some of the stuff he's gonna sell.
Here are the ways I think we can best work this out:
a) if the NPC is gonna have a home and seperate store his store should be where his home is, and vice versa for his home. There is to much extra space in his store as is.
b)We have a different NPC live in the home Sandor is doing and I can just continue what I'm doing.
c)We find something else to fill up the free space in the store and Sandor builds the house as planned.
d)Something better if someone can think of it.
Siegfried: As far as I can tell the interior (CheydinhalHouseMiddle04Interior) is made up of a large, open room on the entrance level and three smaller rooms upstairs. Here's a few ideas of mine, which might work, but you don't have to follow them:

To fill up the large entrance room:
- Perhaps you can add a forge and let the storeowner offer to repair the player's equipment?
- The title "Elite Gear" is rather generic, so maybe you can expand his focus beyond just weapons and armor to include some magic stuff? That would bring the need for displaying magic items and having a mixing table with mortar & pestle and similar apparatus, coffins and bags with ingredients, and things like that, which could help you clutter the place.

To fill up the upstairs rooms:
- One of the rooms could be made into a little training facility, tied with the storeowner offering training to the player.
- The magic portion of the store could be outsourced to a new NPC rather than being handled by the main storeowner. Then, one of the rooms could be made into a living quarter for him or her.
- That would leave one room left, which could be used as a storage room.
Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to change some of my work around with these. My plan for the "Elite Gear Store" was that they would sell general gear, not just weaponry, and would specialize in mid-high range enchanted weapons/ armor.
They were just some quick suggestions I thought of. You should of course tweak them to your liking or come up with other ideas that you like yourself. =)
Hi,

I started with the interior but it's no problem to wait a bit.
For reasons of , if the NPC is living in the interior I claimed, it has to comply to the NPC who is running the store. As I said Siegfried is free to "create" the NPC as he likes. Please keep me informed.
I'll let you two work out the details and whichever way you decide, we'll do. Does that sound ok? =)

Personally my only reason for wanting the original setup is that, well, people walking back and forth on the bridge would look cool imho and convey a sense to the player that there's a whole other District 'on top' of the Redoran one, and the Imperials go about their business - eat, drink, sleep, work - with little thought to the Dunmer below.
Quote "Razorwing":

"I'll let you two work out the details and whichever way you decide, we'll do. Does that sound ok?"

For me, it's ok.

I think it is a good idea to interlink both the shop and the home.

We'll see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6