Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc07 "Furio Vatinius' Home" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Claim code (reference):
rpc07 "Home or shop"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle06, rotation: 46)

Freeform description of this claim:
This claim used to be called 'Guild of Traders', but after several months it was still unclaimed. So instead of embarrassing the poor wallflower any longer, it can now be a shop or a home instead. Or for that matter the actual Guild of Traders, if you want to. The old claims description is kept in mini-text below, and you can see it by for instance quoting this post or pasting it into a text doc.

You can use whichever Cheydinhal interior you like for it, just let me know ahead of time which one so I can change the town exterior accordingly. Kindly keep the rotation though.

The old description: The 'Guild of Traders' is an association of shopkeepers and businessmen, and apart from this branch their main headquarters are in Silgrad Tower. They are committed to protecting the financial interests of participating members and often present ideas to Baron Remo on how the city can generate more wealth, benefitting everyone. Shopkeepers who would think of operating without membership may discover the Guild's darker side. This isn't a Guild the player can join btw, but they may have quests for him if you feel up to modding that, but if not it's not a requirement.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on both oblivion.esm and Reich_Parkeep.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
This seems to be the least popular claim. Perhaps we could change it to a home instead? Or anything that isn't a shop or an inn/tavern since we have many of those already. It could then use whichever exterior/interior Cheydinhal house model a would-be claimer would prefer (I'd update the town exterior accordingly).

The 'Guild of Traders' concept was something the old team came up with, and perhaps the concept has had it's time. But who knows, maybe there'll be a location like that in Silgrad (city). It could work to have the location in the Redoran district too, I suppose, if someone wants to make a GoT there in the future. What do you guys think?
Didn't someone want to do a quest relating to the guild? i think you should keep it anyway if it would be a joinable guild. That'd be cool.
Take heart:

I suspect that it is just that many newcomers decided to start with simpler claims to gain experience. And I am sure that they are discovering that the learning curve is not without its hidden demands.

I would not give up on the original idea quite yet - it is also one of those things that people will appreciate better once they have sated other creative urges...

Something like the Guild of traders is really a very delicate challenge, and will show more potential once overall patterns emerge. That's one reason I have held back with various projects in Lit Dev as I do not want to put the cart before the horse as however well made the cart is it would still look odd that way...

raggidbusybody Wink
X23: Thanks for mentioning that! I searched the forum and I got the impression Caligula Superfly might be interested in doing that -link-. In light of that, yeah, it's probably best to keep it as it is. =)

raggidman: I bet that's true as well. My impression was just that the Guild of Traders was an idea that was developed back in the old days, where many modders pitched in ideas on who they were and what quests they might have. I could totally understand how that process made the Guild more interesting to mod to them back in the old days, while modding from a finished drawn-up plan today might not be as fun from a creative standpoint. Because the modder might feel like he's modding someone else's ideas, and to some degree that would be true. But I dunno, I guess folks are different from one another in that regard - personally I'd have a hard time modding something I didn't get a degree of creative reign over.
Why preserve the rotation? Why not just use a North Marker? Hello, by the way, I'm new to the forums here, and I might even join production after I'm done a few of my own mods.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Why preserve the rotation? Why not just use a North Marker? Hello, by the way, I'm new to the forums here, and I might even join production after I'm done a few of my own mods.

Hi, welcome to Silgrad Tower.
:wave:

In the claims description I've written the rotation of the exterior building. The northmarker needs to be rotated to correspond with it, but for these houses the Northmarker should be rotated the exact negative of the exterior buiiding, so in this case the nm should be -46.
Okay, I think I'm on the right page. If not, wrong number.

Alright, just clearing things up as it is often a pain to keep every object in a cell at 40 degrees of rotation. Simply rotating the NorthMarker is always much easier. Also, thanks for the quick reply
Just to clarfiy for any reader who might be perusing this claim; TheImperialDragon did not express a wish to claim it in his posts above. =)
You know what, I'll claim this one. :banana: And CheydinhalHouseMiddle06 is fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4