Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc12 "Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Claim code (reference):
rpc12 "Home"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle01, rotation: 132)

Freeform description of this claim:
This location is fully open to your own ideas, apart from that it's a home (rather than a shop).

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on both oblivion.esm and the reich parkeep alpha .esp. Mod the location at your discretion and free time. Then set up the entrance door in your interior to link to a new door in the exterior city which you position on your claim's exterior building. Thusly, playing with both Reich Parkeep alpha and your .esp at the same time means that the game loads both the exterior city as well as the door that links to your interior. In time, hopefully the community will be able to merge .esp's but for now I think this is a solution that could work.
I'll try to work on this house, one question though. In rotation, there is one setting that says XY and another that says Z, do I put both to 132?
Quote:Originally posted by X23
I'll try to work on this house, one question though. In rotation, there is one setting that says XY and another that says Z, do I put both to 132?

Granted :check:

No no, only the one that controls rotation from left to right. The buildings aren't slanting Smile
I just put in the basic interior house model and linked it to the world, yet when I go to the house I link it to it acts like the door isn't there. The interior cell I made is though.

So I go back to the CS and load it up, and it gives me some weird error and makes a duplicate of the Reich Parkeep worldspace, but with nothing in the duplicate.

I go to the Normal Reich parkeep worldspace and the door I put to link to my interior has dissapeared.
Oh!
Erm... so this setup doesn't work in the game? Sad
It could just be me, the worldspace you made is unaffected. But I have no clue
I tried out adding an interior cell to the Reich Parkeep Alpha, then created a plugin dependant on it and placed an item in that cell. And I'm afraid you're on to something, since that didn't work either. The item wasn't there. Now I get what Wrye meant with 'isolationism mods' in Oblivion.

So for the moment it would seem the houses you guys mod will sadly be cut off from the town exterior. But I say 'for the moment', because I have full confidence in the community being able to crack this nut in a timely fashion. With such talented folks as Henry Morgan working on it, I doubt we have much to worry about in the long run, but it does present a problem this early on. I still hope you guys have a fun time modding these locations, and rest assured players *will* be able to experience them soon. If there's a silver lining to be found it's that you have as much time as you want to put it together until a merger utility comes out - maybe you feel like writing dialogue for your characters, or a book that gives insight into their background, to name but a few examples of how to make your place extraordinary cool for players to visit Big Grin

Keep up the good work, friends!
What are Isolationism mods, does that mean mods with a new worldspace?

And why does this make it so we can't link cells?
I don't know, it was Wrye's term, but I guess it was used as an opposite of how TES3 mods were not isolationistic (mod conflicts was an everyday affair... you couldn't play ST and Wizards Islands at the same time because one world would be put right smack on top of the other).
I'm almost ready to release the first version, I'll release it in about 15 minutes.

One question though, What's the difference between "CheydinhalHouseMiddle01Interior", and "CheydinhalHouseMiddle01InteriorA" I used Interior A and there didn't seem to be a difference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6