Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc15 "Golden Gryffin"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Claim code (reference):
rpc15 "Golden Gryffin"

Estimate of size:
large house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalUpperClass02, rotation: -46)

Freeform description of this claim:
The "Golden Gryffin" is an Inn located in the South Imperial District, and is the default gathering place for thirsty Imperial citizens. It got its name from the glistening dragon-like statue found inside, which is probably made of bronze or brass or some-such material rather than gold. Other than that, your hands are pretty much free to mod it as you like.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
I would like to claim this one, if possible.
I'll start with this one (no hurry), as I am, first going to finish the Dragon Legion Barracks (it's huge) Wink.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I would like to claim this one, if possible.
I'll start with this one (no hurry), as I am, first going to finish the Dragon Legion Barracks (it's huge) Wink.

Perfect! Granted :check:
An update.

The first floor: Room for rent.

Groundfloor: The bar etc.

The basement: Living quarters (for the owner) and storage (under construction).

The furniture is in place. The basement will be finished by tomorrow, after that, I'll start detailing.
I have a question about the dragon-like statue.

Are you going to use the same statue ?

Because of the size. Will it be the same size ?

Please find attached two screenshots of the Morrowind version.
Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I have a question about the dragon-like statue.

Are you going to use the same statue ?

Because of the size. Will it be the same size ?

Please find attached two screenshots of the Morrowind version.

Oh! Thankyou so much for reminding me about that! Back when I set up the claim I wasn't aware of NifSkope's potential to bring in models from TES3 mods to TES4 mods via 3D Studio Max, so it didn't cross my mind to grab the dragon statue model. I'll get right on importing it, and will include it in the next Alpha.

You'll be free to resize it in the CS to any size you like, and place it as you like Smile

Edit: Nope, strike that - it was just a retexture of the statue on the plaza in Ebonheart. I never knew. But to add to that, now that I think of it (eheh)... dragons don't look anything like a gryffin, which are eagles with the body of a lion. A dragon model would have been easy to find, but a gryffin / gryphon? Not very. So, in hindsight, it's probably best to nix the statue idea in this location altogether. Confusedhrug: What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
.. dragons don't look anything like a gryffin, which are eagles with the body of a lion. A dragon model would have been easy to find, but a gryffin / gryphon? Not very.

It's a pity. So, no statue.
An update.

I planned to finish this interior two days ago.

I wasn't happy with the lay-out of the basement.
I made it larger. I also added a quest.

Because of the afore mentioned and the reviewing it will be finished tomorrow.

I am almost done.
I only have to fine - tune the dialogue for the two NPC's and the text for the quest stages. The final test will be the AI.

Please find attached, a few screenshots.

161 : Room for rent.
162 : Bar groundfloor.
163 : Bar groundfloor.
164 : Commoners bar, Basement.
Later as planned, because the testing took more time.
I am happy it's finished Big Grin.

I have added a little quest. The wife (Canodia can tell you).
The PC has to steal two "Large Mugs" from Ra'Viir from the Screaming Helm. You have to be skilled. The PC is not allowed to kill Ra'Viir.

The room upstairs can be rented.

The wife Canodia has Lunch at the Screaming Helm. She also wanders in the city.

Adding (customer of the Screaming Helm) has Dinner in the Golden Gryffin.

For Adding and Canodia, to find their way, I had to add a priority path from the rpc04 to the rpc15. I didn't connect it to the existing pathgrid (note for Razorwing).

In game time, it takes an hour to walk from one (rpc04) place to the other (rpc15) place.

Note for Razorwing.

The first complex file, related to the exterior and NPC's in an other interior.
Including (an exterior) pathgrid and a quest linked to the exterior.

The file was merged with an empty file, to make sure it's clean.

I tested it very extensive.
Nice work! It looks like a cozy and homely bar, going from the screenshots, and I bet it'll be a favourite location in town for many players. Smile I'm currently packing up the new release, the internal one with gundalf's tileset, but the Golden Gryffin will be in the release after that.

Oh, and I've been meaning to mention it to you, I found a free Gryffin model! It's a Morrowind modder's resource-type object made by Archeopterix. I think I can bring it into Max, since she (I think Archeopterix is a she) was clever enough to just make it two meshes. If there's two many meshes in a model they can sometimes lose their orientation and placement (i.e. fall apart in a pile), especially if it's a community-made model. This one should work though. I'll show you some renders later so you can decide if you want to use it or not. In case you don't we could just use it as a normal statue elsewhere in the mod. Smile
Pages: 1 2