Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc16 "Priest's Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Claim code (reference):
rpc16 "Priest's Home"

Estimate of size:
manor

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseUpper02, rotation: -120)

Freeform description of this claim:
This would be the home of the leader of the local Cathedral. He or she can be Imperial, Nord or Breton.

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
Hi, I', slightly new to the OblivionCS, but i used to do work in the morrowind CS, and have modded for other games, so i'd like to give this interior a try
Quote:Originally posted by masbeth
Hi, I', slightly new to the OblivionCS, but I used to do work in the Morrowind CS, and have modded for other games, so i'd like to give this interior a try

Granted :check:

No worries, this early on I'd say just about most of us are newbies to the Construction Set. For instance I made quite elaborate quests for the TES3 mod and I'm just beginning to get the hang of how dialogue and quests work in this game. :elk:
thanks

just curious,

would this priest be a priest that lives lavishly, with many ornate things, with the money he earned through the church.

Or
would he live simply, being happy with his religious accomplishments, rather than material goods?

EDIT: ALso, would I make the priest NPC, since he lives in the house im buidling, or would he be made in his cathedral?
You will have to establish his patron deity, his rank, personal nature and what would be acceptable to the Most Powerful Local Lord to decide that, and design accordingly. In Mediaeval societies clergy were chosen to suit thus in the absense of other factors.

Razorwingy will have ideas on which deities would work best in the local environment, and which interiors you might best look at to fit the building, and if you want lore on the Nine Divines then there was lots in Daggerfall - so digging in both our past ST/RPK lore and our links should be useful.

And if one of the rooms looks a bit strange, but works perfectly, then please consider whether there might be an interesting story connected with the look of the room...and then bang over to Lit Dev with some screenies where we love to cook up strange :brew: s.

PS - priests seem to love red wine! So maybe the priest has a special relationship with a local vintner or tavern?
Thanks for all the info

Ok, so i've taken time to really get a grip of the CS, and have mostly created the house. I'm going to be away from my "real" computer for several days so I figured I'd work out the details.

As for the house, its a mostly upperclass designed house that i've kept relativly neat since i figure that the preist would keep a neater house than the local tavern, or a local family. I've been working on a balancing a level of neatness with a lived-in feel, because I don't want the house to seem artificial, but I also don't want it to just have random "clutter" strewn about.

Also, as per suggestion, i've included the house to have a lot of wine stored throughout. The basement, which i've bareley worked on, will be mostly storage. I'm guessing that my preist will sometimes host others in his house, so the basement will just be storage of wine, and food.

As for the preist himself, I don't want to start working on him until I get more details about what may happen. I'm also new to NPC work, but i've gotten the basic routine of sleep, eat, wander, all within the house. I have a question involving AI. Can I, and Should I, make him wander throughout the town, and report to the Cathedral everyday? Should he go throughout the town maybe even meet the lord?

The priest will be a Breton. For quest ideas, he may be connected with the local lord, and perhaps the local wine make, RI.
Maybe if we want a more sinister approach, the preist could have a hidden "secret", and even a secret in his basement, which appears to be an innocent storage area. Or maybe he's just an old preist, who is perfectly innocent, who happens to like his wine.
masbeth: It seems to be coming along great. Smile AI behaviour outside the cell you're working on is a tricky subject. Theoretically you can probably set it up already now if you'd like, but since so few interiors have been merged yet, the options for what an NPC can do are pretty limited. Perhaps it's better to come back to your character some time in the future, when more places in town can be visited, and make a plugin with just AI scheduling for him, which I can then merge and assign to him?
Hi,

I like your ideas. If I can be of any help, I'll gladly do so.

Good modding.
hey thanks all

Right now I dont really need help with anything, but im sure ill later need some people to just do some tests with it, and maybe some later help with AI behavior(im new to NPC creation), but as I said before, Im away from my real computer, so I cant really do anything real modding for the time being, but ill be trying to learn more about the mod, and work around the story of the priest.
HEY, sorry its been so long, everything has been so busy for me lately, and I just got to sit down at my computer tonight for a bit.

I did some work, and decided to upload what I've done tonight. It's not near the finished product, but it's just an update, since this is the first night in about 2 and a half weeks that I've gotten to work on it.

I'm uploading so that you can all get a general idea of what's beeing done. Also, if you see any errors, such as bleeing or floating, or just want to post any constructive critisizm, I'm all ears. The house may have some barren sections, which are parts that I have not gotten to yet, but this is the general layout. Hopefully tomorrow I can post a more finalized version, with everything at least done to the inside.

I also did some very simple AI. I'm new to the AI bit, so if anyone could just check out the basic eat/sleep/wander AI I made, and give any pointers, I'd greatly appreciate that.

EDIT: BTW, in order to get to the house, you can type coc"rpc16" , or just walk to the house in Reich Parkeep because I connected it to the city.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5