Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc19 "Ra'viir's Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Would it work if you removed the .esm file from your Data directory and then loaded up your .esp again, accepted the error it reported, and resaved it?

If a plugin is dependant on anything other than Oblivion.esm, then the merged file will also be dependant on it. And we can't have a main file dependant on a main file. That would be whacky. Smile
It just crashes if you do that. I hope this is fixable, because I don't want to have to start over
Quote:Originally posted by X23
It just crashes if you do that. I hope this is fixable, because I don't want to have to start over

I haven't had a reason to figure it out yet, but I know sandor did it to another plugin. Perhaps he can describe how he did that.
Remove the Reich Parkeep file (del) from the Parent Masters listing (screenshot).

Delete the Dial Greeting (del) in the File Details sub listing (screenshot).

Load into the CS. Save and reload. The file is independant.

If this file had more dependancies (doorlinks etc.). The details listing would have contained a lot of entries related to the dependancies for example Worldspace etc. All of these have to be deleted.
In this case (rpc19) it was simple (only the dial and the parent master).

Please find the cleaned file is attached.

EDIT
Sorry for the screenies, the only way to capture these submenu listings
You can zoom in, though.
New version with tons of new stuff. Its untested because of my overheating problem, so there might be glitches. I am ordering my new graphics card soon so I will be able to test soon, but not now.

One of the new things I added was ra'viirs wife, I gave her dialogue on how they met. I might add more dialogue, but for now this is what I have. I also removed dependency over the main alpha
I had a quick glance.

Name according to modders abbrev. (Anjari).

Read the "Technical Info conc. the Reich Parkeep Interiors", Reich Parkeep discussion. Read the post concerning dialogue.
You have to add a greeting. Your topic has to be added to the greeting. But first you have to create a quest.

"Tons" is a bit exaggerated.

As Razorwing said post a more final version.
That isn't the final version. I like to post versions, than you tell me to fix problems with them. i did read you're tutorial though, thats how I made the dialogue. I'm kinda confused about teh greeting thing. There is a generic Oblivion greeting, and than you select the topic right?

And this is a near final version. There is a fully furnished house with a basement, a pathgrid, and an npc with dialogue.

I was typing quickly so I just said tons. I would have just said new stuff if I was taking my time typing.
Exactly. Please don't just post a version where sandor or others again have to point out stuff that's already been explained to you - take it as far as you possibly can on your own before uploading a version.

For instance, if you upload a plugin and get feedback on five errors that need to be fixed, fix those five before uploading a new version - and try not to repeat them in your next plugin.

If you get stuck, you can search on ESF or on the Construction Set Wiki. If you don't find an answer there, you could make a post on ESF - the collective knowledge of all the modders that hang out there is mindboggling, and someone usually knows the answer.
I remembered most of the stuff I had to do. The only thing that he had to re point out was the naming thing. This is the first time I tried making dialogue so that wasn't pointed out for me before. And i usually do fix all or most of the errors that get posted about it. I read his tutorial and I thought the greeting thing was if you want the npc to have a custom greeting, like if they have a quest they might greet you by telling you they have a quest. I did alot of the house between the last released version and this version.
My post was more reflecting on the collective impression I've gotten from the way you mod rather than only on this specific time.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6