Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc22 "Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Claim code (reference):
rpc22 "Home"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseUpper03, rotation: -172)

Freeform description of this claim:
This location is fully open to your own ideas, apart from that it's a home (rather than a shop).

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant on both oblivion.esm and the reich parkeep alpha .esp. Mod the location at your discretion and free time. Then set up the entrance door in your interior to link to a new door in the exterior city which you position on your claim's exterior building. Thusly, playing with both Reich Parkeep alpha and your .esp at the same time means that the game loads both the exterior city as well as the door that links to your interior. In time, hopefully the community will be able to merge .esp's but for now I think this is a solution that could work.
Would like to claim this house to start off my Oblivion interior decorating career Smile

Is it ok to do a kind of mini dungeon for the basement?
Quote:Originally posted by Zekebe
Would like to claim this house to start off my Oblivion interior decorating career Smile

Is it ok to do a kind of mini dungeon for the basement?

Granted :check:

No, but if you want you can make a separate dungeon and I can hook it up somewhere in the wilderness later on? Smile
Was just thinking along the lines of a hidden trapdoor in the basement with another small cave sub-section with a lone goblin locked in there, he would've been the home owners "treasure guardian". Nevermind was just a silly idea I had. A dungeon might be my next project Smile

Should I create the NPCs for the house?
Yes, you don't have to make them special since there is nothing for the npc to do, but include one so you can assign ownership to the house.
Quote:Originally posted by Zekebe
Was just thinking along the lines of a hidden trapdoor in the basement with another small cave sub-section with a lone goblin locked in there, he would've been the home owners "treasure guardian". Nevermind was just a silly idea I had. A dungeon might be my next project Smile

Should I create the NPCs for the house?

Mm. Might be better for a stand-alone location in the wilderness. Goblins are pretty wild and would probably have killed the home owner first chance they got, unlike undead or daedra which can be summoned and commanded.

Yes, please do create one or more NPCs, any race other than dark elf works. If you're able to add some dialogue to them that would be terrific. Heck, why not create the dungeon cell and the house cell in the same .esp and make the NPCs in the house give the player a quest in the dungeon? Just an idea. Big Grin

Another nice thing would be a schedule that tells him/her (or them) to
1) go to bed and sleep between this-and-that hours and
2) wander between the other hours.
That would add some life to them until we can merge the esp's and set up jobs and such. Sure they'd just mill about their homes and sometimes go to bed, but it makes it more than interesting than if they just stood in one place. =)

Oh, and a pathgrid in the interior would be superb.
Well, I haven?t looked at creating dialogue or quests yet, but I think I've nearly finished placing items and clutter. 2 basic npcs and pathgrid done too.

Anyone want to have a look? Suggestions are welcome.
Cells- RPc22House, RPc22Basement
Well had some time and looked around thoroughly.

Looks good.
Almost no floaters. Nice job with the table at the end of the bed and the rug.

Some bleeding for example with the fruit and the sword in the rack (also floating a bit). Saw you scaled down some objects, gives a nice effect.

Pathgrid seems fine (didn't check).

The basement is very tidy (perhaps some more clutter) or the owner is very tidy NPC.

The "CheydinhalHouseUpper03," is not at 0,0,0 (XYZ)
same applies for the marker. I don't think it is a problem.

=)
Hi there guys, small update. I've cluttered up the basement a bit more but haven't changed much else, been busy in RL and most of my free time seems to be spent playing oblivion instead of modding it Smile

This may even be the final version unless I notice some glaring bug... I looked at quests and dialogue briefly but I think I might skip it for now, maybe come back to it after I've messed around with it a bit more.

Thanks for the comments sandor, I'm not sure what you mean by bleeding however?
I checked it out in the CS and as far as I can tell it's almost perfect. Smile

? The lighting is too dark for a home in my opinion.

? I would suggest a change regarding the display case. "Very hard" doesn't seem to be very hard in the game, as I have no problems opening containers like that at a skill level of 45 or something like that. Perhaps either switch out the sword for a replica, or make it impossible to pick and hide a key on one of the NPCs. I'm not quite sure which skill governs the difficulty for the player to pickpocket an NPC, but if someone else knows which it is then it could be easy enough to adjust the difficulty by raising or lowering that NPCs skill. It would present a very nice challenge for thief-type characters Big Grin Though I'd suggest sticking a few gems in there too, because I guess a lot of players would just assume that the sword was a replica since Bethesda uses them most of the time.

? I have a little theory as well which I'd like to discuss. My little theory is that when one selects an object and push the Havok button in the CS, one gets an impression of how the objects would behave in-game. I selected your whole interior and pushed the Havok button and a few things did indeed fall over, such as the sword in the weapon rack and the broom. So, if my theory is true, when the player enters your cell he'll see the sword and broom on the floor. Has anyone tested that?

But anyway, if you feel like giving it one final go-over then I think the next version is definitely up for merging Big Grin
Pages: 1 2