Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: rpc23 "Home"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Claim code (reference):
rpc23 "Home"

Estimate of size:
house

Architectural Type:
Imperial Cheydinhal (ext.model: CheydinhalHouseMiddle05, rotation: -178)

Freeform description of this claim:
This location is fully open to your own ideas, apart from that it's a home (rather than a shop).

1. To claim this location, please post a reply saying so. It's not granted until Razorwing ok's it, which he/I usually do.

2. To mod a claim, start a new .esp dependant only on oblivion.esm. Mod the location at your discretion and free time, within reason. You don't have to, and can't, hook it up the town exterior - that's done by Razorwing after merging. Please check the RP Discussion board for latest information. Don't forget to add a northmarker and pathgrid.
i think ill give this a try.... need some practice to familiarise myslef with OBCS

as for contens, just a regular house. i dont quite get your whole claiming system.... so youll probely need to explain ti several times Tongue
just a short question, what interior models should we use? I mean, they have to correspond with the exterior models I'd say...
Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
just a short question, what interior models should we use? I mean, they have to correspond with the exterior models I'd say...

Yes, if its CheydinhalHouseMiddle05 than use CheydinhalHouseMiddle05interior for the interior
Lady Nerevar: Granted :check: =)

nerbod: Tying in with what X23 said, I've noted in every claim what exterior model is used. In the Construction Set these houses come in pairs, so the exterior models are accompanied by full interior models.

The rotation I mention is the degree along the left-to-right axis you should rotate the "NorthMarker" static for the playing experience to feel fluid. If the NorthMarker is off then the player might enter a house which on the exterior local map tilts to the left tilts to the right on the interior local map.
one quick question:

do i include NPCs and pathgrids?

otherwise the claim is almost done... i think im finaly getting the hang of OB's new organisation system...
Just include a very basic npc, since they don't have anywhere to go yet. When the interiors get linked to the exteriors we'll have to do thngs like give them schedules and stuff but for now nothing is needed.
You can place pathing grids in the house itself, but like X23 said, we're not going to be able to get specific with the NPCs until esps can be merged.

On the subject of path grids, I did notice something unusual. I have no pathing done in the house I created, however, if you go to the house at night my NPC still found his way from the 1st floor up to the 3rd floor where his bed is. I know that the NPC's AI was copied over from the NPC I duplicated and changed, but it's still interesting that they don't seem to need pathing set for them to find a bed at night.
Lady Nerevar: Yes please, both NPCs and a pathgrid. It'd be terrific if you could give the NPCs a simple schedule that tells them to go to bed and sleep between certain hours and wander during the other hours. So they would just mill about their house and go to sleep at night, but it would still make it a lot more interesting than if they just stood still in one spot.

Later on, when the merging problem is solved, we can take a look at getting your characters jobs and such Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Lady Nerevar: Yes please, both NPCs and a pathgrid. It'd be terrific if you could give the NPCs a simple schedule that tells them to go to bed and sleep between certain hours and wander during the other hours. So they would just mill about their house and go to sleep at night, but it would still make it a lot more interesting than if they just stood still in one spot.

Later on, when the merging problem is solved, we can take a look at getting your characters jobs and such Big Grin

Actually, my npc, with no extra effort, went to bed, and milled around the house. But for when we can link interiors to exteriors we have to program them to do stuff.

I don't know anything about pathgrids or anything. I just know how to set down an npc that only has rumors in his topic list. Can anyone explain about pathgrids, and how to make npcs good?
Pages: 1 2 3