Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Graphic inspiration from another game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you are interested in modelling grass and plants take a look at the http://www.jowood.com website. The stills for Gothic 3 are impressive. No knowing if the in-game stuff will be that good, but I wonder if something comparable could be done with speedtree? Or is such speculation permitted? Wink
Have you heard of the old member, whitefox... :lmao:
Its inspiration, not taking the actual models

But yes, read up on whitefox, the only banned member
Banned??? :worship:
Yes, he was banned for passing off World of Warcraft models as his own, which was pretty lame and could have caused real legal problems for us if he had succeeded. He lied to us repeatedly about it and when we laid it on the line he flamed us... so with the support of the core I locked his account and IP-banned him. Thieving models would have been bad in itself but it was the possible legal ramifications that tipped the scale, because if we had put them in our mod and Blizzard found out, there could have been hell to pay for the person who owns this website account. I know he's back under a different account but as far as I know he hasn't posted yet. He's the first and only member that's ever been banned here.

Anyway. Smile

As far as I know, Speedtree is a plugin for 3D Studio Max costing somewhere around 250 USD. My understanding is that the devs actually modelled all the trees and other sprite-based flora in Max and then exported them to the CS, so without having that plugin - and a proper NIF exporter - it wouldn't be possible for us to create those kinds of models, sorry.
I understand you. But I don't understand whitefox. Why did he post stolen models? Modelling is really fun when you succeed. I think I'm gonna' watch this person. I don't want him to cause any problems in here. So take care whitefox. The eye is watching you. :chaos:
Whitefox isn't here anymore (not to associate his name with us any further) but hari and i go to school with the him, and we watch over him when ever we can to make sure he doesn't return to his WOW model stealing ways... Confusedlap:

but for some reason i feel like hes watching us right now... reading every post... :| it kind of scares me.
Okay, now everybody knows about our banned member, and the original question has been answered.

*click*

-noremorse