Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: World Spaces of Silgrad, Vvardenfell, and Skyrim
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will these locations all have seperate world spaces or will any of them share? Two could share a world space, maybe even three. Whats the plan? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
The Vvardenfell team has no problem being in our own world space
but joining with Silgrad worlspace is not out of the question
OMG you type fast Kukulza. posted this 30 secs ago.
At the moment we can't merge mods, or even make one mod really dependant on another, so if the teams in the network want to start work right now they'll have to do it in separate worldspaces I think.
Even once it is possible, if we want to have land visible on the horizon I don't think Skyrim and Vvardenfell can lie side-by-side (I'm referring back to this map yet again).

Silgrad could definitely fit, yes, but it would make far more sense to have Silgrad in the same worldspace as Vvardenfell, especially since that way each province would be having its own separate map.
Keeping maps provincial based would probably be the easiest for the mod users to deal with, would keep the gameplay nice and contiguous. personally it would bug me to have to transition maps to get from vvardenfell to silgrad tower or whathaveyou.
My personal preference is that we have different worldspaces. We are still seperate mods.
Given the size of each Province I think I have to agree that a Province would be the max.

I would not be unhappy to see all the Morrowind mods join into a continuous map, but it might be that having them separated in the way that a city apparently is in OB you could have the appearance of continuity whilst keeping the development separate.

Thus you remain in one mod until you cross the line, and then the next mod loads so that the physics etc is separate, but the journey from one to the other gives the impression that you have merely taken a step?

You would not in any case see the entire 'next door' land area in first or third person, just to the render limit! So what remains is how events, meetings, combat are handled when you cross the line!

I do not think that anyone would want their mod to end with a blank cut off when you get to the edge...?

If my thinking so far is doable, then that would be the next topic - maybe something like a no-man's land that appears to have elements of both and encapsultes the even until it is resolved appropriately?
The problem is, for the best illusion of seamlessness you really need to duplicate LOD versions of the other area's content, so as you cross the invisible border it all loads seamlessly. However this requires a lot of work.

Arguably, it would be just as much work ensuring the distance LODs look good as it would to have both sharing the same worldspace.
Quote:Originally posted by Garrett
Arguably, it would be just as much work ensuring the distance LODs look good as it would to have both sharing the same worldspace.

The teams appointed terrain generator could make a preliminary detailed map plan of the borders up to 2 miles inland. Info would be elevation map, textures, terrain objects. To be shared with the team terrain generators for other provinces, vice versa. Now the terrain generator has a rough map of how to mold the viewable borders of the neighboring provinces/worldspaces. No need for it to be exact because the player has to go through a load screen to reach other province anyway. Can we use this method?

With that method its important that all provinces begin terrain generation together so they all know each others detailed terrain plans. It would be very difficult to go back and change finalized terrain. Don't know if possible.

edit: when the exterior height map for a province completes then the plugin merger can be used by 4-5 people to fill in textures and environment objects. meanwhile other other teams work on the child/town worldspaces.

2 out of ?? file merger tools in beta: Merging esps - serious issue
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...pic=345422
Pages: 1 2 3