Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Reich Parkeep questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good work thus far RW on the new RP.. it looks alot like some of the oblivion style hamlets, I like it.

I got a couple of questions tho.. slap me with a trout if its allready asked before..

- Are you planning to get the same setup as in the "old" version? Aka a redoran corner?.. or keep it strictly (as it actually should lore wise) imperial?

- Will you be adding a messageboard for quests in RP? (*slaps himself on the chest.. I liked that idea from ST old and easy for new players)

- Is it possible to apply for quests?.. the old fire is starting to burn again and I got a very... very nice idea for a quest line in RP.. including the old writing style I had.

- Who will decide what kind of interior is placed where?.. I mean shop wise or living house wise? Is there a list yet with shopnames and shop types?

As allways a big smile from D
I figure this should answer a few of your questions.

Reich Parkeep Claims

The others will have to be fielded by Razorwing :yes:
Gracias amigo. or amiga which ever part nature let you play

RW the rest?

-D-
Deus: Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It's a slow process though, mostly because I'm prone to spending a lot of time in Max, and so there's still a lot of detailing to be done to the Imperial districts.

1. There'll be a large Redoran district in Reich Parkeep. Not sure how large, but large enough to give the player the sense that it's an Imperial district built in a Redoran town rather than the other way around. I haven't started setting up yet because they require custom models and the only exporter available to us is bugged, but also because Caligula hasn't fully finished working on those models yet. When I'm finished with the Imperial district I'll start on the Redoran part; if a proper exporter is available then that would be awesome, but if not I'll just set up mock houses and then in the future just overwrite the NIF files with properly exported models, and the change would be immediate.

2. Actually I've planned to do just that, and have kept an old custom model (made by someone else) around until the game was released. I attached a screenie of it below in case you'd like to check it out, and will probably include it in Alpha 03 so it can be viewed ingame.

3. Definitely :goodjob: Now, there is a problem at hand though, which could make things a bit difficult for you and that is the isolationistic effect of .esp's in Oblivion. For example if I set up a town exterior and you set up an interior + door in the town exterior, or any combination imagineable, it just won't work. It seems a second .esp can't affect the same space as a first .esp, so if you went to that town with both plugins loaded there wouldn't be a door. To make things more... interesting... Bethesda has taken out the capability of merging .esp's (!) so, right this minute, it won't work. That's the bad side of the case.

The good side of the case isn't very bright, but there are possibilities one can imagine to set things up while waiting for an .esp merger utility. For instance a questmaker could contain his quest solely in interior cells, so to take an example one could have an interior house cell and an interior dungeon cell. In the interior house cell the player recieves a quest to get something or do something in the dungeon cell, and then come back again. It's the middle part - the journey in the exterior world to the entrance of dungeon - that can't be added as of yet. But if there was such a quest .esp then, once we're able to merge .esp's, it would be very straightforward to bring in the quest and set the few things up in the exterior world. What's your opinion on that?

4. Me. Big Grin But, I'm open to listening to ideas and suggestions, to make Reich Parkeep a town we all like. Can't promise anything, but suggestions are always welcome and if I feel they're do-able then it wouldn't be a problem I think. The link shunoshi was kind to post has all the open claims available at the moment. If you have wishes regarding particular Redoran homes you'd like to see back in the mod please just let me know and I'll go ahead and include them when I set up that district. Smile
Thnx for the replies mate.. that model looks very fine.. yet somewhat off of what you would expect in an old imperial town imo. But with some retexturing I am sure it will look peachy.

Grim news about the editor.. seems bethesda isn't making due on all the promises then to make modders work this hard.

To get back into the saddle I wanted to start off with a book store. That way I could combine my love for writing short stories with trying to remember what did what in the editor. I already talked to Noremorse on some extra background info... Let's see if these fingers are still able to do some magic.. anyhow I like to hear from you if my ideas are possible.. since you seem to be head honcho around since my departure..

-D
I don't think it stands out so much that players would think it to be strange, but if you or anyone else happen to have ideas on additional 3d details I could add to it to make it seem more Imperial, I'd be happy to do so. Smile Hmm, but now that you mention it, I'll definitely look into using some of Bethesda's Oblivion textures instead of the ones I use now.

My honchiness only extends to the Reich Parkeep area though, hehe. I still hope someone else will take the southern Silgrad area, and of course we have Rodan modding the northern area as well and he's making good progress from what I've read.
Why not make the overal landmass a bit smaller? that way you got more time to fill in the gaps aka quests storylines.. more then we did before..

I am fiddling around with the editor atm.. it seems pretty much the same.. can you give me some extra info on a book store aka is it ok if i make one.. what exterior.. etc etc

Thanks.

-D-
Quote:Originally posted by Deus
Why not make the overal landmass a bit smaller? that way you got more time to fill in the gaps aka quests storylines.. more then we did before..

I am fiddling around with the editor atm.. it seems pretty much the same.. can you give me some extra info on a book store aka is it ok if I make one.. what exterior.. etc etc

Thanks.

-D-

The claims to Cyra Catella's Books (rpc21) + Cyra Catella's Home (rpc25) are still open. Perhaps they would be suitable for your bookstore?
Just out of curiousity, since this looks like a good place to ask RP questions, is there going to be any sort of Thieves Guild precense in the Imperial District? I noticed there is a Dark Brotherhood hideout, but didn't see any particular Thieves Guild info.
Quote:Originally posted by shunoshi
Just out of curiousity, since this looks like a good place to ask RP questions, is there going to be any sort of Thieves Guild precense in the Imperial District? I noticed there is a Dark Brotherhood hideout, but didn't see any particular Thieves Guild info.

I'm not sure, but if there is, I bet they value secrecy. Smile
Pages: 1 2