Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: models in oblivion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey You figured out how to import new 3d models into oblivion? just guessing as you say the new alpha has new models in it?

:banana: :banana: :banana:

yay! i cant believe you guys are working on it so fast i'd figured itd be at least a few months before anything got started!

also i had posted something that i was working on a necropolis for the morrowind silgrad tower mod though i dont see a section for claims for it? or is that now closed?

if so i might like to work on something like that for oblivion for it or else just find a claim to work on!

ill check out to alpha to get an idea of where things are headed!

yay! great work!
Mm, we've partially figured out how to import models, by using a NIF exporter developed for use with Civilization IV. It does a pretty good job, but it doesn't do collision, neither does it support bump specular or normal map techniques. But it's incredibly helpful to be able to set custom stuff up in the mod, whose NIF files can then just be overwritten when we get a proper exporter.
How come Bethesda couldn't just release an official exporter? I don't believe that they have "Legal Issues" with Havok. If that is true they should have known long before the game came out.
when they say they depend on modding community for their success.... it may mean more than it seems... I see it like this...
  1. they will charge people to use their official plug-ins to recoup costs
  2. they might do something tricksy with their exporter similar to the above
  3. if they really had planned to have the modding community in the picture like in TES3, then they should've/would've planned earlier
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
when they say they depend on modding community for their success.... it may mean more than it seems... I see it like this...
  1. they will charge people to use their official plug-ins to recoup costs
  2. they might do something tricksy with their exporter similar to the above
  3. if they really had planned to have the modding community in the picture like in TES3, then they should've/would've planned earlier

Yep, while modders try to get around stupid problems like not being able to have two mods working together on the same thing and no NIF exporter. They release pay for Horsie armor X(