Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Heightmap?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So... when are we gonna start working on it? And will it be joined with ST's world space?
Well, we'll begin the wordspace cration pretty soon (nothing definte as far as i know now...) but i'm fairly certain that we won't use the same worldpace as silgrad tower. For now i'm focused on gettign the preview mod into more workable and final condition so the worldspace (for me at least) is going to be on the back-burner for a few more weeks more than likely...
Dunno if you guys are interested in the original Morrowind height maps or not, but I managed to create a program to extract them as TGA images the other day =)

Here's the post on the TES forum where I mentioned it:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...try6174303
Only problem is that TES3's height data could be (and most likely is) copyrighted.
Well, that's true... any work of art is automatically copyrighted. But that would extend to the map, the city names and placement, and everything else in Morrowind that you are trying to re-create, wouldn't it? I saw someone link a map in another forum that was generated from the game's mini-maps, so I just figured I'd throw it out there in case you were intersted. You might be able to use it as reference in the same way, at least =)
I'll have the first landrun up soon. Smile As soon as the new parts come in for my computer I'll get the file up. When that's done and we've done the tweaks for the Morrowind file then we can get building! Smile
hell yeah! :banana: :banana: :bananarock: :bananarock: :goodjob:
Quote:Originally posted by Shon
Well, that's true... any work of art is automatically copyrighted. But that would extend to the map, the city names and placement, and everything else in Morrowind that you are trying to re-create, wouldn't it? I saw someone link a map in another forum that was generated from the game's mini-maps, so I just figured I'd throw it out there in case you were intersted. You might be able to use it as reference in the same way, at least =)
Bethesda told us that lore and everything else like that is fair game, but not their models, textures, etc. that are copyrighted.
We'll be making our own models as well. Razorwing and a number of our members are making new models of each house and interior models as well so we'll have a good assortment of new things to build on. It may take a few months but after awhile Cormaris View, Reich Parkeep, and Silgrad Tower will be available for claiming on interiors in the diffrent houses.
I see, so they're drawing the line at using digital assets directly, but they're allowing their concepts to be copied... at least for Oblivion. It's kind of interesting because the whole game, concept, and world are copyrighted, but they're allowing the use of part of that copyright in their new game but not another. But their reasoning does make sense... if you could create a perfect copy of the world of Morrowind in Oblivion it would reduce the market for a re-release of Morrowind or just continued sales of the original, while an imperfect copy might increase interest. And of course it's in their right as the copyright holder to pick and choose what they will give permission to do with their work.

Besides... you might want to make some "improvements" here and there anyway =x I never realized how angular the color change was in the upper right corner of the map, for instance, until I saw that super high-detail map created from mini-maps that I mentioned... Also I'm starting to doubt that this data is really the height map... it looks more like the X channel of the normal map the more that I look at it. And yet it's the data from the VHGT record... hrm, oh well =x

Good luck with your project! ^_^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5