Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Esp - whodunnit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my 5 cents worth: it was to expected that once Bethsoft started authorising charges for mods these little problems would start cropping up.

And the charged for downloads, whose work are they? Check this:
Quote:Please be aware that you are now entering a website that is beyond the control of Bethesda Softworks and is not covered by our ESRB Privacy Online certification. Bethesda Softworks does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy of personal information that might be collected and maintained by the site to which you are about to link.
When you go to the 'official downloads' page, which looks exactly like the elderscrolls forum the first thing you meet is this message:

Quote:Please be aware that you are now entering a website that is beyond the control of Bethesda Softworks and is not covered by our ESRB Privacy Online certification. Bethesda Softworks does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy of personal information that might be collected and maintained by the site to which you are about to link.

It would appear that the Oblivion downloads do not belong to Bethsoft - they just profit from them. Or is that the case?

What we are seeing here otherwise appears to be a cheap fix for Bethsoft and Zeni-max to avoid responsibility for the effects of downloads that they are charging for.

Further: if these are important content without which your game experience would be significantly lessened then they should advertise the game itself as being incomplete.

No apologies forthcoming from me on this...sue me if you want
No, the official site says the exact same thing for every external link. Why bother coding in a special exception for OblivionDownloads.com?
That's the same notice you get for ALL external links. They simply didn't add special code to say "this site is external but is run by us".

It's not them trying to back out. Look at the mod purchase site, it's got the same ZeniMax footer and everything.
Its just them selling the mod off of another site, its still made by them

Oh and I would like to know who has the horse mod?
Take another look at the company name.

Oh, and this is not the text that I posted.

To whome it may concern:
If you have a problem with anything I write, then inform me. Do not simply make changes under my name without even a note to mention that you have done so. Stealth editing or hacking is not acceptable to me.

I have corrected a few outrageous misspellings and typos in the posts of others without seeking permission, but I always leave my name in the edit so you will know what has occurred. And if I have issue with something I pm the person who posted in addition.

I am willing to go to court over the issue of corporate responsibilities re software and infringements of my human rights at my own expense, and I know what I am doing. If I express an opinion it is mine, and under human rights part of my right to free speech. When I or anyone posts opinion on a forum there is no contractual right that can be imposed to alter content w/out specific permission and balance, because human rights cannot simply be erased, or removed.

As regards work submitted for inclusion in a mod or whatever that is a co-operative venture. Though politeness is optional it is to be recommended. What happens there is that provided you respect the right of the creator to associate his/her name with his/her work you may edit.

If you take the trouble to actually read the Universal Declaration of Human Rights you will note that these aprox 30 Articles superseed the separate Acts, actions and opinions of signatory Governments and Courts. And everyone is subject to them from the highest to the lowest.
I think it's just a a statement they make for legal purposes, that they can't be held responsible legally for anything on other sites than their own. They're in the US you know, the land of frivolous lawsuits, so they have to pay a lot of attention to legal details with little meaning other than to protect their company from loopholes that would allow for lawsuits.
Razorwing Accepting that/even if, this is a Zeni Max company, this is not the usual legal form or wording. It looks more like pr...

More it is not normal to interpose an entire page like this for this one purpose.

Whether this is new policy or what, something has changed and more than I would expect because they are now charging for such tiny downloads.

-------------------------
I see that you located my original post/thread, and slipped it in at second place. Thanks for that. I will erase the content in the 'first' post - damned if I know where that came from - guess someone has a strange sense of humour, because it is not so far from something I might have written. The weird thing is that I did try to do an earlier thread but could not complete it because the computer timed out on me when a newcomer to the library interrupted me.

Garrett ty for those posts, (guess each one was in reply to a thread,) but...the approach still seems out of place - un-ZeniMax-like. Not their style.

all
And since we are here, I just got TES3 - Silgrad working (having uninstalled and reloaded all) - been to that burgh :check: and I'm getting the feel of what you old-timers got up to.

Must say that I was a bit nonplussed to be told how I would have to have 'serious business' before I could talk to this Valderon chappie - Wink who does he think he is, the big boss of silgrad.com?

It feels like Morrowind plus. Stylisticaly there is stuff I will want to comment on, and I can begin to understand, from comparing your conversation and accomplishments, what you have been aiming for and achieved - which is a biiiiiig relief. :goodjob: on that mod peeps.

I think one of the biig differences with the Ob ST will be that people will be immediately hit by the appearance of 'new books' in normal locations, and that should establish the validity of the new locations they visit at the lowest possible cost memory and processing wise. I think that is why they started the tradition of 'books' in the first place. We will knock them dead. But it is so pleasurable to run accross old reads in new places too.

Lovely stuff.