Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: armor concept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wink
the only thing I am not too sure about is the stomach... most armors make a point to protect the gut....
now unless this is specially designed for a certain type of combat such as a sort of hunached position where armor there would be hindering or a sort of agile tactic where the enemy could only easily strike in the protected areas
...then I don't see how that is practical... like refined weapons such as the katana, it is hard to use effectively...

but I like it :yes: ....just being realistic
There could always be a philosophical reason for wanting to be vulnerable there. Perhaps this is a fearless warrior class' armor and it's a point of pride and skill to go into battle flaunting their supposed vulnerability.
Have you not heard of a breastplate? There certainly are armors which leave the stomach exposed - it greatly increases mobility, while still covering a good portion of the vital organs.
Actually yes, Khajiit armor is designed with mobility in mind. There are metal plates but it's mostly leather. Good work.
Quote:The Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Ed.: The Elsweyr Confederacy

The khajiit that do walk erect dress and conduct themselves in a close approximation of a modern, human culture. Their dress is an abundant shawl, commonly of brightly patterned cloth, for defense against the harsh sun and saber-cuts. Their chief attire, the budi, or shirt, is fastened in braids down the right side, not permitting any part of the torso fur to be seen, for such is believed to be highly indecorous. Jewelry and trinkets often adorn the costume, and tattoos are very popular. In some quarters, the latter can even have religious and legal significance. A recent trend among the younger ohmes is the application of feline facial tattoos that make them resemble their more hideous and savage brethren. The obvious weapon of choice among the khajiit are their claws, naturally sharp and retractable. Others, though, have mastered the use of the saber and scimitar, the dagger and the longbow.

This is a little excerpt that Dragoonwraith posted in the Khajiit equipment thread - I've made the relevant part bold. If having part of the torso fur to be seen when wearing regular clothing is indecent, then wouldn't it make sense for it to be inappropriate for the belly to be shown in armors too?
how about the Khajit is wearing a sort of undershit?
EDIT: undershirt
it is too funny to edit out
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
how about the khajiit is wearing a sort of undershit?
EDIT: undershirt
it is too funny to edit out
lol they roll in it to keep enemys away.
I think it's a good concept. It has room for the wearer to move quickly and accurately. Plus it's going to be originating in the desert. It could help to keep the heat off.
I botched a light armor sketch concept(Light armor of leather and cloth with stiff, cut resistant small animal hides used as pauldrons, foot covers and hipoints), but there sould be some your welcome to pick and choose should you need any ideas. I would have put more time and refined, but I walked myself into a skinning job., still cleaned it up slightly though.

The thing about Khajiit armor(as said) is it must protect, but not insulate too much....infact it should be down right drafty(open armpits...elct) Which I've been having difficulty with.

scribbling
Pages: 1 2