Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Newcomer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, to everyone who reads this. I purchased Oblivion through direct2drive.com just recently and i've been playing frequently. I am really interested in the game, and further adding to the game in any way I can. I can't do everything in a mod, but i've always enjoyed writing. I've written things, but nothing official. I think that I could benefit this project in many ways because i'm a talented hand, as well a dedicated gamer.

I managed to scavenge a piece of my part in a story thread on a literature forum.

(Harold trailed his rugged, calloused, and scarred hands over the rusty and chipped anvil, while memories of his smithing days scrolled through his calm mind. He stared past everything, it seemed, to the furthest reaches of all matter in the existing universe.. after focusing his eyes, he clenched his double-headed hammer and bashed it once against a solid piece of the remaining anvil. Clink! The hammer retracted sending a grin to his mouth, he couldn't have resisted.

He had just been tidying up his old shop, that he still inhabits, when the call-to-arms sounded. Harold hung his head back, closed his eyes, and released a heated sigh. Stepping out of his somewhat-home, he glanced left with the sun to repel his eyes. He began walking.)

As you can see my part is a past blacksmith who is now involved with the military. I am not going to pointlessly explain the whole story, but that's just a taste of my writing. I am very creative and imaginative, capable of creating quests and explanations, or anything else needed. I don't get to participate in things much, so I hope i'm given the opportunity here. If anything else is required from me, just speak to me. : )
welcome Wize1!
yes, writers and quest-makers will be very welcome in this Beyond Cyrodiil community
So, what would you recommend I begin doing to help this project? Where do you think I would best go? I need some commanding. : p
Great job with the story there, very vivid. You should probably go to Lit. Dev., quest Dev., or try learning Construction Set basics so you can make interiors/exteriors.
Welcome to Silgrad Tower and Lit Dev. :wave:

That is very vivid stuff there. I think you have a strong feel for character development as well as story telling. Thing is to get stuck in where you feel an empathy with what is going on.

There are blacksmiths aplenty in Tamriel, and I think yours has already earned a place in his own smithy. Let's see if someone is modding one and would like to take your character on!

If you enjoy doing these 'cameo thumbnails' then bung some more into this thread. There are potentially hundreds of NPCs and quests. You never know what project leaders can find a use for (because they have no idea either Big Grin ) until there is somethig there to read or look at.

So I think it's a great way to start and that some modellers will relish the challenge of bringing your NPCs to life as by linking up with your inspiration they can have a starting-point for what could become very 'powerful' models.

And by all means experiment in other areas too. You never know what you will develope a feel for until you make a start!
Sorry for the delayed reply. The power supply in my area was depleted for some odd reason, and I was without internet. I am back, however. I thank you for your recognition towards my existence. I am currently experimenting with the construction set and i'm actually a talented voice actor.. I just require a program that can alter my pitch. I'm 16, so my voice isn't deep enough. Nor will it ever be. But, aside from all that. I will keep reading the forums and offering my help.
You will need to chat with noremorse about voiceovers, but as a personal opinion i would think that there is no rerason that a high pitched voice could not be used for some characters - if you really want to get technanumgical, what about wood elves? They have higher pitched voices because they are small.

But aside from that, I was only recognising you existance because I think your cameo of the Blacksmith is powerfully descriptive, and I want more of that, lots more! Now get working and produce! Grrrr. Orrible editor jumps up and down in frustration. Smile