Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: A Co-ordination essential
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please, would project leaders to consider pinning the following in their claims and development forums as I believe that this way of working could have a strong positive effect in creating a living community in the various regions of the Province.

Ultimately whether the links forged in this way are acceptable and work will be decided by Raz, Quen and the project leaders, but I think it will provide positive support for beginners in the early stages because their creations can be part of something bigger than they could imagine if they work entirely in isolation, while I will be careful to respect their individual feel for their creations. They need not delay in their work to accomodate this process and I will have a clearer idea from an earlier stage as to what is happening and what will be needed. And once the best links become recognised the more experienced designers will benefit too.

I realise that Raz for one, and the other Project Leaders are undoubtedly aware of what is going on, but I believe that their focus is necessarily different with a strong Graphics and IT focus at this busy stage. Whereas from my POV this is one of the most vital content stages, and I need to have an overall awareness of what is ongoing and coming through without my needing to get involved in Core matters. This seems one way to achieve that:

Quote:For assistance with background history and links to quests in developement and poss new quests in the early stages of your work/s once you have made a claim, post a thread in Lit Dev and I will take it from there to the privacy of Editors Corner and thence post suggestions and poss links to Quest Developement and other locations as appropriate.

In this way we might develope 'go to' key people in the Province who are linked into several quests and events - which should be a powerful immersive factor if done well.

Remember how people came to love Caius...well there will surely be other characters that we create, of whom we will grow fond, and this process cas help identify them. They can be used for various purposes as appropriate.

Those who want to be :worship:ed please respond positively...
Your ideas are sound, and I included your text in the Reich Parkeep readme. I edited it a bit since Quentin Fortune is responsible for everything quest-related in Silgrad Tower. Smile
:goodjob: Brilliant! That will certainly save me hundreds of posts, and hopefully help the community if people find they enjoy the extra connectivity...ty

PS found a typo in the penultimate setance of my text, which should read = 'and this process can help identify them.'

and perhaps while there the last setence you might substitute the following for the last sentance to read: 'As the different natures - good and 'of the other persuasions' - of such favorites are revealed we might use them for various and diverse purposes, but we must also be careful not to oveload them.'

I do hope that we achieve awareness and co-ordination of events at a deeper level for everyone interested through this without increasing workloads in any unacceptable way - which is why I have said I will come back with suggestions. Hopefully this will produce a mix of tied in quests that are part of the powerplays in the corridors of, and quests and stories that appear to involve beings apparently entirely unaware of what is really going on around them or that it all affects them directly and indirectly. From multi-tasking to multicurranting?