Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dungeons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wonder when we're gonna add the dungeons ( in what stage) because I can do alot of dungeon making... I mean, even in the pre-release it would be cool to have at least several big dungeons...

I'm gonna release my ayleid ruin soon to show you what I can... When playtesting a few minutes ago I freaked myself out couple of time when searching for the Daedroth that was chasing me when it was right behind me...

So when will the dungeons be added?
and: what dungeons types will we use from tes4, and what ones need to be made?
Well we should be able to prepare dungeons, caves, forts, tombs, etc. even before the landscape is prepped. After it's done we can add the above ground entrances.

Are we going to try to make the dungeons from morrowind (in name and location)? If so you could recreate some of those. I haven't seen much discussion on this point.
I havent seen this much in Cyrodiil dungeons.. but has anyone thought since theres no levitation that would be only access to few special places in few dungeons.. you could make players with high acrobatics required to get certain hidden places in dungeons. Those shouldnt be too many or it would be annoyance towards those who doesnt have high acro's but could be nice idea for very few. I mean long jump over canyon (bottom of it can be accessible from somewhere else of dungeon however other high level only by jump).. or then high to some "hole" thats higher than what average acrobatics guy can jump. Acrobatics at least affect lenght of jump, but does it affect height? Not much i think, but little?
Yeah it affects jump height and distance, my character floats all over the place. However the difference is not very huge speedwise, so it might be difficult to set something like that up. In fact I don't think I've seen a single situation in a dungeon yet where jumping saved me time via a ledge or across a chasm.
Ive came across one, where part of bridge collapses and you got to make long jump to cross it, basically i had take armors off and i just made it with my thief, with armors i couldt make the jump Smile but thats it so far.
items CAN be placed at those "unaccessable" places because we still have telekinesis =)

but, still the question goes:

what dungeons will we use from TES4 and what will we have to create ourselves?

I think from TES4 we can use:

- general caves/mines
- the castle ruins in some cases
- ?

What still should be created:

- Dwemer ruins
- Daedric shrines, to get them back in old fashion
- shrines
Well, we are trying to recreate Vvardenfell, so the names and locations of caves, tombs, etc should all be the same as they were in TESIII. (That means absolutely no Ayeid!)

As for the levitation thing, I think that we can take a few liberties on the interiors in order to enhance gameplay and adapt to the new engine. For instance, people often complained about how shallow the dungeons on Vvardenfell were, especially the Red Mountain one, so I think that we should expand upon them, but they should still be recognizible. (People should go into the cave next to Seyda Neen and know their way around it from the old game.)
The benefit of this is people can start sketching out some of the dungeons in morrowind, grid paper style or whatnot. That way even if you don't have a pc to run oblivion or the cs yet you can get some dungeon layouts planned. Those who do can start tinkering with setting up some locations. Seems like some good stuff we could get out of the way early on.
Well for now this is all a moot point, as we have no reliable we to join .esps yet. So any dungeons created couldn't be added to a main .esp (which doesn't exist yet anyway) even if they were made.

That said, i imagine we'll be using only the cave tileset in regards to dungeons, and even then, we may do some reskins.

As for dwemer and daedric, i think we'll need some daedric interiors and extieriors, but we really do need to make the best use of the resources already avaiable to us, and there is a lot of daedric stuff ingame already. And the dwemer stuff is slowly being worked on in by Caligula Superfly in visual dev area of the boards (he's also working on a kick-ass redoran buildign set!)

(a velothi tomb tileset is also in the works)
Hmm, speaking of dungeons...what ones are we going to bring back?

I was thinking just the important ones like some of the daedric, dwemer, and Ancestral ones.

The rest will be random I guess?
Pages: 1 2