Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Fort Sphinxmoth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey i was wondering if i could be leader for this fort. It serves as a peace keeper fort and if theres any battles going on they go in and stop it. They stop battles,wars,bandits, raiding and all that stuff between Elsywer and Valenwood. Id love to claim this if you let me. It is like located dead on the border of valenwood and elswyer
maybe there should be a small piece of land, between the Elsewyr and Valenwood where a collaboration team works on it and makes sure that the mods don't conflict or cross one another's borders smoothly Big Grin
well you need to work in the same world space first of all, but this for is it part of the lore or ?
Its lore and it can be found in Mixed Unit Tactics 1 ingame
so what exactly is it that you would be doin then ?
I think he means stuff done in CS
Nevermind about that question :p...

well.. Ebony, we need our heightmap before we can get to working in the worldspace and we dont have it et, but I do hope and thin k that we should get it very soon. But the job is yours then. As long as your work in the same world space as us Wink and do remember to keep me informed to of the progress :o Smile
Ai is up for claims for npcs
Id like to see guards from the fort have small posts around the Fort and patrol up and down the border maybe on horses? And on the walls of the castles have archers partol them.
oh yes, you might want to talk to our quest guy, since i have no idea if that fort is going to be part of the main quest
As part of a mis-spent youth I took the trouble to study fortification from ancient times up till the age of cannon in the seventeenth century, and I have some questions...and ideas.

First: is it a WATCH fort, or a HOLD fort, or both? If it is a Watch fort it should be sitting on top of the highest piece of real estate that it's possible to build on, with a view of either a road, a river, or a border that it's watching. And it should have beaucoup watch towers built as high as possible, and also a central signal tower with a huge pile of firewood always ready to light a beacon. As it is a watch fort built on top of a high hill it can't be big - historically, even in labour-cheap ancient times the cost of transporting stone up mountains made watch forts fairly small.

A HOLD fort? Then it's got to be big and have large barracks for the large number of men and horses needed to hold the fort and to (if necessary) to sally out and counter-attack. There has to be large storage areas for all the food and fodder for the men and horses, a training area for archers and foot soldiers, a separate barracks for the officers, and walkways along the parapet of the wall for the archers.

And what about catapults? Either of the stone-throwing kind, or the 'scorpion' of greek and roman times, that could kill a man at 400 yards?

And finally...as long ago as the fifteenth century fort designers found out that having straight walls hampered the shooting of the archers when the enemy were right under the walls. So they created the "Star-Shape" fort in which the walls run zig-zag like a star, when viewed from above, so that if the enemy were assaulting one wall they would be shot full of arrows from behind by the archers on the wall on the other side of the Star. What about building the walls as a star-shape?
Pages: 1 2