Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Skyrim Edition of the Botany Books
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please post plant descriptions for the Skyrim Edition of the Botany Books here in this unofficial Thread! Big Grin

Please note that while it is the intention of the Botany Books to provide a service that is available in and to all the Provinces and to respect their requirements, strict observance of protocol and credit will be maintained, and the editor retains the right to withdraw the use of the Botany Books and contents from any group that does not fully understand and respect the normal and proper academic conventions. Judgement as to any dispute on this question must remain with the originator and editor.

Many thanks, raggidman

It is the editor's intent that all the Skyrim Edition entries will end up in Skyrim, but that some 'rarer' or less well known entries will not be seen in the edition published in ST/Morrowind - representing the concept that the people of Skyrim will know their own province best, and so that the ST edition can act as a taster for Skyrim.
Quote:Krisi-_
RE: The Valenwood Edition of the Botany Books

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am afraid Ironwood trees are native to skyrim:

Ironwood Nut is a hard-shelled fruit that comes from the ironwood trees growing deep in the forests of Skyrim. The wood of these trees is hard as the metal after which it is named. The very rare black variety of ironwood is said to produce a nut which is very succulent and believed to greaten the strength of the adventurer who is able to crack its shell and partake of it.

:goodjob: Good find Krisi-_ you get academic recognition among your colleagues for your excellent research.

As Treebiter came up with his Valenwood Edition Ironwood independantly it seems sensible to keep that as a differnt variety of the same genus of trees.
Excellent effort Krisi!!! We really need to get our Edition of the Botany Books going, but I've been dragging my feat on this one, thanks again for getting things started.
Heh, don't worry about it. If the Botany Books kick off first then the moddelers can use them as inspiration. If the models come first then the writers use them as base description.

And some modellers work best by doing all at once.

You have so much building over there that I think you have no cause for concern.

Wish I had more time to spend with each project, and the hardware to look into the downloads people are creating, but until I have more time that does not actually matter because then I would have less time for the purely literary written word... Confusedhrug:
Ironwood Nuts screen...

[Image: nypunktgrafikkbildebv0.png]
[Image: oblivion2006071813252789df6.jpg]

Ironwood Nuts Effects:

Restore Intelligence
Resist Fire
Damage Fatigue
Fortify Health
rub canis root anyone know anything more that about it?is it ingame?

"In Skyrim, it is an old tradition to rub canis root on the trees surrounding your house as a ward against werebears."
An update, thanks to Trees_Are_The_Devil, we now have 3 new entries to the The essential Skyrim Edition of the Botany Books
Well....taking some ideas from the creatures of skyrim thread... I'm not putting on any of the suitable effects as I think this should be open for everyone to discuss...

Alchemical Ingrediants
Bear meat (varies from the different races of bears)
Boar Meat (" ")
Boar Tusk
Variety of Cat Meats (I.e. Lion Meat, Leopard meat etc..)
Sabertooth Tusks
Venison
Deer antlers
White deer Meat/Antlers
Variety of Rat Meats, Possibly Rat Tails??? Not too sure on that one.
Again, Variety of Wolf meats, perhaps more "Usefull" effects from the alpha male?
Yak Meat
Yak Tusk (I can't remember If yaks have tusks lol)
Bonmeal
Gravetar
Skeletal Antlers
Frost salts
Ectoplasm
some form of Unique Falmer ingrediant?
Horker Tusk
Horker Meat
Wolfbane petals?
Wild berries?
and some ingrediants from Vanilla Oblivion...

Now, onto possible Misc. Items that could be used in quests, or just to get some extra cash...

Possible Misc. Items
Bear Fur (different varieties from the different bears)
Boar Hide
Variety of Wild Cat Furs
Deer Hooves (wasn't sure what else to call them...)
Rat Tails?
Yak Fur
Horker Fur

With some of these Misc. Items, they could be used to make varieties of Fur armor (Like from Bloodmoon), and show they are different from Vanilla Fur armor (I.e. Snow Bear armor would be white, again from bloodmoon)...

Well...these are just some ideas, criticise all you want...

P.s, sorry if this is in the wrong thread guys/gals...
:goodjob: unholyalliance - great stuff, you're well on the way to gaining the title of Research Assistant to the literature Developement Department of the University of Silgrad Tower!

ATM Krisi is the only researcher we have. This kind of work is highly regarded by the faculty, and we hope you will keep up the good work!
awsumo, Thx alot...

Unfortunatley...More "Lore" Knowledge is Very Little. I mean VERY Little...I have No clue:

a) what Falmer are (I didn't know they existed)
b) What the setlement names are
c) Nords had a distrust of magic users.

and other stuff...In fact, My Lore knowledge of Tamriel and the Provinces, the Background, The Morrowind House Wars is Very Little...I Think I'll go on to The official Elder Scrolls site now and try and "UP" my knowledge of Lore... Unless anyone can direct me to a better Lore based web site?

I apologise in advance for any Threads, Posts I make in case that are not "Lore Correct" or just completely Stupid.
Pages: 1 2