Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Interior object and npc changes to mess and clean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To set the stage in the course of screaming Skull Tavern modelling there were comments about how to give the Tavern a more lived-in look, and then I started wondering what could be accomplished with the new CS:
Quote:Originally posted by raggidman

Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
I tested the tavern, and my impressions are good: good filled shelfs and good use of pathnodes. However, the place was a bit too light, or at least, the atmosphere missed. I messed a little around with it in the CS myself, and I removed some candlesticks, and added more loose candles this adds a lot of atmosphere and effect.

Can't see your work on this comp of mine, but I was wondering if there are any models of half-used candles? Maybe, if not, that would be worth some modeller's time to add atmosphere - plus is the detail level high enough in Ob to include 'dirty or used mugs, plates, etc?

I always felt in TES3, Morrowind that everything interior was always too clean to be real - the exception was the mage's residence at the back of the Redoran town where there was a scamp on the loose and all the furniture was scattered around - that worked well.

So if you can mod in temporary objects that do not apear every time you enter, what about :
puddles of spilt alchohol;
stray bits of food etc - the careless gifts of the over-generous;
On fight nights, the occasional patch of blood might appear;
and there could be a portrait of a 'gold skull' on the wall above the fireplace - you should find a good model hanging around on the forums somewhere... Pleased then all you have to do is mod the expression into a scream. Would be terrifyin! Scared

Quote:reply by X23
I don't know if there are half used candles or anything, but there are lower class objects, middle class objects, and upperclass. I used mostly middle class.

I don't know if I could mod in temporary objects since I can't script or anything
...snip....

So, is there anyone here with an angle on whether it would be possible to have people 'make a mess' and 'tidy up' their rooms and workplaces?

Can this be done with an NPC command?
Can this be done by having a timetable so that while the player is out of the building or asleep objects are re-arranged to simulate use by others?

Please consider mem and processing implications too.

This is seeking a technical solution to a living and workspace 'feel' for those who are modelling.