Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Audio/music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will we be using some of the explore,battle,dungeon, music from Morrowind to put into Vvardenfell?
I think we should, maybe edited versions of it, but no oblivion music please
You can't distribute it, it's copyrighted. Still, you could copy and paste the music into the appropriate folders yourself. That's what I'm gonna do.

But Oblivion's music just doesn't fit Morrowind.
If it ever becomes possible to add new music categories (rather than using the 3 predefined ones), we should have a shared soundtrack for towns and exploration and try to make the music have the same feel as the music in TES3 (this worked in Morrowind because every part of the world was mysterious, wilderness and towns alike... but there was the problem of the music in dungeons).
We should definately try to stay away from the generic video game-y music style that TES4 has.
I think that we should have our music sound similar but a bit different from Morrowind's and also put in some new exotic and somewhat lonely music fror the wilderness parts of Vvardenfell... and maybe some new ones....

I really hope our mods here at Beyond Cyrodiil aren't just land and people but also music... if every province has unique music it will really lend to a greater and more diverse feeling world... won't it? Of course it will!

[/hr]
previous discussions:
Music of Vvardenfell
Custom soundtrack?
Yeah... music has a surprisingly huge impact on the atmosphere. If TES3 had TES4's music, Vvardenfell just wouldn't feel as mysterious as it did with the music it had.
The guy who made this is amazing.
I saw this a day or 2 ago, its pretty good. His first track however does rip off final fantasy 7's intro theme quite badly. Good arrangements tho.