Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Mdogger, 3d modeller, should we recruit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mdogger... this guy is good 3d modeller... and he is making a mod to add a lot of new beasts to Cyrodiil.... having seen his skill, I am wondering whether I should go out of my way to contact him... I know this strategy of actually seeking out guys for to attract to the Beyond Cyrodiil community is aggressive, but hey, I can be a bit aggressive...
here is his thread in ESForums TES4 mods section:
[WIP] BEASTS of Cyrodiil
here is one beast he has made:
monster, so cool

so, do you guys like him already?
I am just wondering cause I dunno if I should contact him or just let him gradually become aware of our community...
I would PM him, but I am doing this for the entire community, to see if he can do some animals here and there...

as I do not speak for the community, I want to ask first...

(see if I was selfishly inclined I would contact him for Vvardenfell only, and then maybe he would go on his own accord to help out other mods, but I hope his skill can be applied a little to all mods here... we all have monsters needing models)
I think you should pm him. His monsters are really good.
I saw his mon on the TES4 mod forums as well and indeed it looks awesome, definately, if you can try to get him here Smile. That guy got skills and that's for sure.
That is the coolest dood I have seen since ... the coolest. Now I wonder if he likes being chained up and kept in my cupboard? ummm, let's see, chains, hammer, anvil, fire, bellows, ummmm what have I forgotten? oh yeah, the tools to inscribe the runes so that he never wants to leave! :check: READY!

Go get him KKz...
I am sending him this....

Quote:I have seen your work so far for the [WIP] BEASTS of Cyrodiil... and I must say I am very impressed...
infact, after sharing my find and your screenshots with modders in the Beyond Cyrodiil community, they were elated and awed by your skill. And so, I am wondering whether you'd like to drop by to check out the Beyond Cyrodiil community. Currently, Silgrad Tower mod for TES4 basically helps host all of the community and we all really appreciate them. And so it would no be surprising that the other mods in the community (Valenwood-Rise of the Precursor, Skyrim for Oblivion, Elsewyr Confederacy, the Black Marshes, TES4 Vvardenfell, and Blacklight) have their forums in the Silgrad forum.... here is a link directly to the overall forums
so won't you drop by and talk a bit? we are all very admiring of your skill and hope you will take interest in the community and its mods... all these places, Morrowind, Skyrim, Valenwood, Elsewyr, and Argonia all have varieties of spectacular animals... and best of all, some new animals can be conceptualized to be put into these Elder Scrolls lands...

I understand you have your own mod for Cyrodiil, and I respect that, but perhaps the mods over here at Beyond Cyrodiil can be a good place for you to make more beasts after you are done with your own mod? Confusedhrug:

if you do decide to help out in our mods, you will find a community of accepting and good natured modders, nice, but also constructive... afterall, we have large lands to make, creatures to model, factions to flesh out.... lots of work
I hope I have peaked your interest in our community and I hope you will consider checking our mods out and maybe even helping out! Big Grin

Thank You,
KuKulzA

PS- this PM is just asking if you are interested, if not, that's okay

EDIT: I just realized... wouldn't it be so weird for people who come by invitation and after awhile notive a thread talking about them let a month prior to their working in the team? it would be sooo weird... they'd be like "what the hell? .....stalkers... "
Lol, that would freak me out :eek: a bit Kukulza, but I'd probably be more flattered than anything Cool I really hope he excepts the invite, his stuff looks really cool.
His monster looks really great, and I hope he swings by before long. Great initiative KuKulzA =)
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
His monster looks really great, and I hope he swings by before long. Great initiative KuKulzA =)
Cool what can I say?
as I am unable to actually mod, I must work to improve the modding community, and bring people together.... I care about my team as well as all the mods of this community... but desire is not enough- FOCUS

that is the key, so I am looking about for promising talents....

[/hr]

;( I am heart-broken....
but this guy sounds so modest, can it me true what he says....

RE:
Quote:Heya KuKulzA
thankyou very much for the kind complimentsSmile I must say Im really chuffed that you guys have shown an interest in me, but Im afraid as of a few days ago infact I agreed to help out another mod, so basically ditching my beasts mod and implementing them into the one Iv just joined. So Im sorry to say but I really dnt have time, now that college is back on aswell Sad . Ill go check out your forums for sure, and if your interested in recruiting talented modelers...believe me theres a whole bunch of guys far more talented then I over at http://www.cgtalk.com if you head over to the game design forum Im sure youll pick someone up Smile
All the best and thankyou for the interest
Tim

RE: RE:
Quote:well, thank you for a prompt response, glad you have found another mod, wish you best of luck and hope it all works out!
and also, thank you for the refferral to the website... I saw you beast model and it looked awesome...
I dunno, are you being modest or keeping it real? Big Grin

sincerely,
KuKulzA
aww shucks

he looked pretty promising
http://www.cgtalk.com
^should we give it a shot?
Pages: 1 2